beginning attempt at infinity backgrounds - C&C

floatswitch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so i was reading this tutorial from this blog about making a light box with stuff you have lying around the house. so i gave it a try, here's a result using it outdoors under sunny conditions. what do u think?

bells1.jpg

I think the results from the light box were good as far as lighting and exposure. I am not so sure about the composition though. I am wondering what it would have looked like if the tops of the bells had not been cut off. I am just a beginner though so I am interested in what some of the more experienced posters think.

i'll take some here in a bit when i get home and post them up. it's basically just a cardboard box, you turn on its side open end facing you, cut square holes in the (now top) and two sides. replacing them with tissue paper (like from presents tissue paper). tape in a white backdrop on the inside. i used one of those rolls of paper from ikea for the backdrop.

Get the idea from strobist floatswitch?

I think this would look good in b&w with the contrast upped. Can I edit it?

A pack of these work too, and can be used separately as reflectors.

Staples® White Foam Boards, 20" x 30" | Staples®

One for the bottom, one for the back, one for a side.

They are what I used to make several images like this, but made inside with speedlights and umbrellas for lighting. I didn't attach the 3 pieces of foam board to each other. The image below only has the bottom and the back in it. The 3rd piece of foam board is to the left acting as a reflector:

D200GripCordsBox.jpg

Get the idea from strobist floatswitch?

yep that was the site.

here's the snapshots of the box, as you may notice under the box i have a red tissue set, i'm planning on just playing around to see what lighting i can get out of diffusing other colors than white.

lightbox1.jpg

lightbox2.jpg

@white, like this?

bells1_bw.jpg

@MHRISH,

_DSC4973.jpg

Thanks, I like the uncropped one better, but they or both very good.

I have also same as this boxes. When we capture any photos then it helps to take pictures and gives a very good reflection. I arraged it upper side of room because I think It is great place.

Yeah I like the b&w. I'm curious to know what you think, though.

Most reactions

Back