What's new

Beijing

guadalcanal

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 23, 2012
Messages
47
Reaction score
3
Location
China
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2a8m98o.jpg



Well, I'm new to this forum, but I just wanted to post a few of my pictures. I live in Beijing, so I feel as though I have a unique opportunity to capture this city. Please give me constructive criticism and feedback. You can also follow my instagram: @guadalcanal


4he8gy.jpg





2vjsw05.jpg
 
#2--WINNER!!!!! Fun. Offbeat. A bit over the top and weird, but what the heck--I enjoyed the visual jolt it gives.
#3-the reds are oversaturated,and spoil an otherwise nice look at a pretty scene.
#1 is a bit too dark for my tastes.
Thanks for posting.
 
Thanks for the feedback! The second one is some modern art in Olympic park that I enjoyed, and the red is a bit over saturated. However, the flowers were unnaturally bright. In a later version of the last one, I did lighten it up a bit.
Thanks! :D
 
I too really like the second one;
Is there a tilt in the #1? the reflection of the power line tower.... and it is dark too
Again as Derrel has mentioned, red is too red

Regards and welcome :D
 
28tvw41.jpg


A cloud picture I tried to edit with LightRoom.
Leave me some feedback/criticism for when I wake up! Good Night! :3
~Guad
 
Is your monitor calibrated?
#1 & #3 are so far off as to suggest that you aren't seeing them the way we are.

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 60D
Lens: EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Image Date: 2012-09-22 01:43:24 +0800
Focal Length: 95.0mm
Focus Distance: 4294967295.00m
Aperture: f/4.0
Exposure Time: 0.0010 s (1/1000)
ISO equiv: 320
Exposure Bias: +5.00 EV
Metering Mode: Center Weight
Exposure: shutter priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No (enforced)
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Software: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

+5 EV?

this image looks about right in brightness - a little flat but in the ballpark.
How does it look to you?

2a8m98ollllllllllllllll.jpg
 
nvwit1.jpg


This one was taken by my iPod, so sorry if the quality is low :3

Also, I cannot see the image above this post, posted by The_Traveler. Is it just my computer?
Thanks, and please give critique,
~Guad
 
23jk4mt.jpg


Here's one of the sun. Sorry it's so small, I'll try to find a Higher Res. one to post. Leave me some feedback! :D
 
303ft45.jpg


I lightened up the bridge, like the one above by The_Traveler. It does look better, thanks :D
 
k1s805.jpg



I dampened the red on the flower photo. Is it any better?
 
I'm trying to decide what to capture next. Does anyone have any general ideas of what I should take pictures of?
~Guad
 
I find so many interesting photo ops in the hutongs. Have you wandered around in them?
 
I have not heard of the Hutongs. Where are they?
 
Within a fairly short walk of the main entrance to the Forbidden City.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom