Bells Rapids

stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a trip to the outskirts of the city to photograph this spot known as Bells Rapids. The last time I was there it was bone dry so good to see the water flowing again.

230720bells.jpg

Once again your shot is excellently exposed all over, Very nice.

What I saw was a nice pastoral scene...On this side of the pond we would cal it, "bucolic."

It is a good composition with good opposing lines - the sky moving the eye right to left and the water, left to right with the mid ground acting as an anchor. What I needed for my proclivities was a little more drama in the sky and in the rocks...so I gave it some...and mind you, this is a little overdramatic, but to show the point that you can create drama where you need it..

As always, it is but one POV, one opinion and never meant to degrade or disparage your image.

stapho.jpg

What I saw was a nice pastoral scene...On this side of the pond we would cal it, "bucolic."

It is a good composition with good opposing lines - the sky moving the eye right to left and the water, left to right with the mid ground acting as an anchor. What I needed for my proclivities was a little more drama in the sky and in the rocks...so I gave it some...and mind you, this is a little overdramatic, but to show the point that you can create drama where you need it..

As always, it is but one POV, one opinion and never meant to degrade or disparage your image.

View attachment 194889
Thanks for taking the time to consider the image. I had another look at the image myself after I posted it and did think it might be a bit "flat" so was considering may be a bit more contrast and a bit of saturation on the rocks. It's sometimes a fine line between your image being over done or balanced to your eye.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back