Best 1:1 Macro lens for a good price

sovietdoc said:
I'd say that Sigma's 180mm f/2.8 is the best macro lens out right now, until Canon reworks their old 180 into 180mm f/3.5L IS USM

Budget wise, I just found the 105mm f/2.8 EX OS HSM and I know how to get it cheaper than $769..... ;)

swiftparkour94 said:
the newer version has OS as well as HSM :)

Just so everyone who doesn't know: the closer you get to 1:1 the more that IQ will degrade from using IS/VR/OS. That is from Canon & Nikon. Even without OS the latest batch of Sigma macro glass is better than the previous models.

TheFantasticG said:
Just so everyone who doesn't know: the closer you get to 1:1 the more that IQ will degrade from using IS/VR/OS. That is from Canon & Nikon. Even without OS the latest batch of Sigma macro glass is better than the previous models.

I did not know that !

Thanks !

swiftparkour94 said:
the newer version has OS as well as HSM :)

I didn't know this. I'll go google this up.

Yeah, I was kinda surprised when I read it in the Nikon literature. From what I remember it didn't go into specific reasons why, just that it did.

does anyone have the tamron 90 and the 50mm 1.8, I was wondering how they compare for portraits. Both these lenses are on my wish list but thinking about going with the tamron first as it may cover portraits as well being a prime.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back