What's new

best buy ??

arjo87

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Bangalore
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hii.. I plan to buy a DSLR shortly. My budget is 80-90k (body+lens).. I usually like to do wildlife photography(esp. birds) and landscape photography. Could anyone please suggest me the best buy ? Thanks in advance.


 
Since he's in India I'm thinking he's referring to Rupees. 90k in rupees is about $2,000.
 
Yeah I mean Rupees (90k dollars wud hav been great though ;)) ..i.e about 2000 dollars. What combination wud be good for me ?
 
Used Nikon D90 body, Tamron 18-270mm lens, Nikon 300mm F/4, and your choice of 1.4x Teleconverter to use with the 300/4. That's what I would do. If you buy the lenses used, you could end up with an extra ~$200USD. Enough for a Nikon 50mm F/1.8 or SB-600.

Mark
 
Yaa.. I was thinking of Nikon D90 too.. But going for the new one.. I can afford either 18-200mm with 1.4x teleconv or a combo of 18-105 and 70-300mm lens... Confused !!!!
 
A 1.4x TC on the 18-200mm will bring it to a f/6.3 lens at the now 300mm length. That is an extremely slow lens and AF will be miserable. Not so good when youre out in the bush. The 70-300mm (I presume you meant the G version) is also quite a slow focuser, and ontop of that, I don't think the picture quality produced at 300mm is anything to brag about. If you want to get prints at 300mm, good looking prints, you're going to be sadly disappointed with that lens. I have been through that lens, and it really didn't live up to my standards, It won't be wonderful for wildlife.

Mark
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom