What's new

Best Camera for around $300?

Qrio

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 14, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
PA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've narrowed down a few camera's that I'm looking to upgrade from my $90 Kodak Easyshare, I make the best of it :lol: but it's time to move up.

I'm currently looking at the Nikon L100, which is priced around $200, but $270 with a nice tripod, memory card, charger, etc.

The Fuji S2000HD I like because the reviewers say it has more options, less auto everything, this model is also around that $200 price range and around $250 with a bundle o goodie purchase.

More expensive, no goodies.

Olympus SP590UZ

Samsung HZ25W

Nikon P90

I know the obvious would be to go the more expensive camera, but are they really that much of a jump from the others? I am no professional photographer but I am a photoholic, I love clarity, I love nature pictures which I could see the benefit of the higher zoom in the more expensive models.

I like the bundles because they're under my wanted price with everything a guy could want to go out in the woods shooting pictures with.

Any suggestions would be wonderful, I don't want to go above $330.
 
Get a used canon 20D. That was my very first camera 4 months ago, and now photography is my life. Great camera, great pictures, well built, Just amazing all around for a first camera! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT
 
You love clarity?

I also recently bought a Canon 20D D-SLR (£165 from eBay) and 50mm f/1.8 lens (£81 from amazon). That totals almost 400 dollars, though.

There are some good compacts out there, if you want to learn photography whatever you get make sure it has the modes P, A, S, M (as well as full automatic), a viewfinder as well as a rear screen and a tripod mount (screw hole on the bottom). It surprises me how many compact cameras don't include viewfinders!
 
You may be able to buy a used nikon d70 slr with a decent lens on ebay for $300.
 
I like the bundles because they're under my wanted price with everything a guy could want to go out in the woods shooting pictures with.
I guess it depends on the guy.

For nature pictures and zoom, a digital SLR gives the benefit of interchangeable lenses. Serious amateur bird photographers like 600 mm prime lenses like this on their cameras.

I make do with:

BigmaD90.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom