Best camera for bears - beginner needs advice

Only turf. Unless 'surf' can mean salmon... then it's on. LOL.

Have to check with the judges on that one I guess. Lobster would work I suppose. But still, no shrimp.. major bummer.
I never saw the appeal of shrimp. Too chewy, LOL.

But lobster.. I do like that, now.
What? How are you getting chewy shrimp?
If I was a beginner trying to get near photos I would use a LUMIX FZ300 or FZ1000 If the budget allows.
Apparently you have never had overcooked shrimp. Like calamari if you overcook it, it becomes chewy. Definitely not Good Eats!
What kinda monster are you? Some of the best shrimp I've had involves putting live shrimp in a pot with a heated rock about 500F , pouring chicken stock and white wine, closing the cover. When the thrashing stops, open and eat.
Also, live and raw BC spot prawns are delicious with a dab of wasabi and a drop or two of shoyu.

Only turf. Unless 'surf' can mean salmon... then it's on. LOL.

Have to check with the judges on that one I guess. Lobster would work I suppose. But still, no shrimp.. major bummer.
I never saw the appeal of shrimp. Too chewy, LOL.

But lobster.. I do like that, now.
What? How are you getting chewy shrimp?
If I was a beginner trying to get near photos I would use a LUMIX FZ300 or FZ1000 If the budget allows.
Apparently you have never had overcooked shrimp. Like calamari if you overcook it, it becomes chewy. Definitely not Good Eats!
What kinda monster are you? Some of the best shrimp I've had involves putting live shrimp in a pot with a heated rock about 500F , pouring chicken stock and white wine, closing the cover. When the thrashing stops, open and eat.
Also, live and raw BC spot prawns are d
elicious with a dab of wasabi and a drop or two of shoyu.
Personally I do not like to eat my shrimp after it has been cooked in shrimp **** juice. If you cook them live you have not deveined them it results in caca-poohpooh in the water spreading said caca-poohpooh throughout the food. MMMMmmmmm That sounds good. Personally I prefer things like
Shrimp Pad Thai, Roasted Basil Butter Parmesan Shrimp, Prosciutto-Wrapped Shrimp as an appetizer, Shrimp Pasta With Broccoli Pesto, Coconut-Lime Fried Shrimp With Fiery Mango-Peach Jalapeño Sauce, Shrimp Tacos and my favorite Scogilo.

I did not know shrimp was a huge thing, LOL. I've had them more than once. The big ones just squish wrong between the teeth for me. More for ya'll.

The backup camera in your vehicle.

I did not know shrimp was a huge thing, LOL. I've had them more than once. The big ones just squish wrong between the teeth for me. More for ya'll.
You eat the meat in the shell, not the shell with the meat. That is unless they are deep fried.

Designer eschews shrimp, lobster, clams, and oysters. And anything else that feeds on the bottom.

Clams and mussels are like chewing on pencil erasers. Conch is worse. And conch ceviche is the second-most disgusting thing I've ever eaten. I nearly barfed, and quit eating after the first bite. But Cajun catfish is really good, so not all bottom-feeders are eschew-worthy. And I once ate half an octopus sandwich at the foghorn at the end of the earth (Finisterre, Spain; the name means end of the earth, or land's end, because the Romans mistakenly believed it was the western-most point of land in Europe. There is a foghorn there, and a tapas bar.) The sandwich was really good, not tough or chewy at all, though the suckers were kind of creepy. I didn't finish the sandwich because it was huge. I gave the other half away. So that was another bottom-dweller that if prepared right is delicious. Spain has really good seafood.

One favorite fish in the Midwest is "bullhead" which is a small catfish. They are pretty good first thing in the spring, then after the lakes warm up, and they eat more nasty stuff, they begin to take on a nasty flavor. Many Midwesterners are not aware of any difference, and eat the fish all season long.

Designer eschews shrimp, lobster, clams, and oysters. And anything else that feeds on the bottom.
I assume you only eat meat then. You don't want to know what's in that fertilizer used to grow fruits and vegetables. Got to go now, there is a strawberry patch that needs my "imput.":biglaugh:

I assume you only eat meat then. You don't want to know what's in that fertilizer used to grow fruits and vegetables. Got to go now, there is a strawberry patch that needs my "imput.":biglaugh:
Okay, I'm back now. Next time you have strawberry shortcake for desert just think of me and the small part I played in making it sooooooo delicious. :biggrinangelA::boogie::biglaugh:

Ah, yes, the ingredients in compost! Wonderful!

So you're saying that the debris found on the bottom of the ocean has been composted?

Manure that has been properly composted is supposedly safe for human consumption.

Which reminds me; Designer doesn't go out of his way to eat mushrooms, either.

Manure that has been properly composted is supposedly safe for human consumption.

I think I'll wait until the plants have turned it into veggies, rather than consuming compost directly, thank you very much.

I worked on a farm. We did not compost the manure before spreading it out on the field. We didn't spread it on growing crops, so it did sit in the ground for a while before anything was planted there, but still... Everything you eat, be it meat or fish or veggies, was poop once upon a time. It's the cycle of life. We came from poop and to poop we shall return.

Some bottom-feeding animals taste good, others don't. I think it's their biology and maybe their choice of diet, rather than where they make their home.

Clams and mussels are like chewing on pencil erasers. Conch is worse. And conch ceviche is the second-most disgusting thing I've ever eaten. I nearly barfed, and quit eating after the first bite. But Cajun catfish is really good, so not all bottom-feeders are eschew-worthy. And I once ate half an octopus sandwich at the foghorn at the end of the earth (Finisterre, Spain; the name means end of the earth, or land's end, because the Romans mistakenly believed it was the western-most point of land in Europe. There is a foghorn there, and a tapas bar.) The sandwich was really good, not tough or chewy at all, though the suckers were kind of creepy. I didn't finish the sandwich because it was huge. I gave the other half away. So that was another bottom-dweller that if prepared right is delicious. Spain has really good seafood.
You people don't know food ;)
The chewy texture is the point.
Unfresh blood cockles (ark shell) is far more disgusting and smells like death.
Sea squirt is rather gnarly and I would add it to disgusting things. Too much iodine.
Bears taste ok but depends on what they eat. Bears that feed on berries are decent, bears that feed on garbage are rubbish.
Really fresh crab is delicious. Raw crab preserved in soy sauce or chilli paste is great on steamed rice.
Sri Lankan mud crab is awesome with black pepper or a chilli based paste.
Blue Crab is awesome boiled with Old Bay
Sea Urchin is so fricking amazing.
Alaskan King Crab isn't a crab but incredibly delicious.

Best camera for bears is a DJI Inspire 1 v.2

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back