Best Camera for Beginner

Derrel, while Canon’s “mirrorless” line has their own set of lenses (“EF-M”) they also make an adapter that lets the camera use any EOS lens. Since there is no reflex mirror, the lens mounting flange is closer to the sensor focus plane. Canon’s adapter basically resembles an extension tube... it basically just holds the lens at the correct distance and also passes through all the electronic signals between body & lens so the auto-focus, aperture control, etc. all work fine.

I don’t own a mirrorless body myself, but in the Canon system, their mirrorless cameras can use any EOS lens (if the owner has the adapter) and everything works.

I don’t know if that’s true for 3rd party lenses. (E.g. could I use a Sigma ‘Art’ lens designed for Canon EOS mount on a Canon EOS-M body with the adapter? I’m sure it would “fit” but I don’t know if all the functions would work correctly. Of course I also don’t know that they wouldn’t work correctly either.)

“Better IQ” is a bit too general. That varies ... and mostly by lens.

yes, the $20 adapter allows all the Canon EF and EFS lens to work on Canon mirrorless cameras (even if you don't have a "system native" lens )
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

As long as a 35mm or DSLR lens has an aperture ring, you can use it on any mirrorless camera. If electronics are involved, then the situation is more complicated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back