Best camera for online t-shirt/poster printing

Quandah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi new here. Wondered if anyone could advise me of a reasonably priced digital camera which would give me good enough photo quality for prints on t-shirts, bags and posters. What kind of specs would I need? Am I likely to find anything adequate enough at around £200? Or possibly something better that's refurbished/ second hand?
Many thanks,
Quandah

You'd be very hard pressed to find any camera/phone from the last 5 years that wouldn't easily be up to the job. the camera requirements are not challenging at all 6MP will be plenty. Far more important is the skill of the photographer at finding interesting subjects/viewpoints, and capturing them in a reasonable fashion.

You'd be very hard pressed to find any camera/phone from the last 5 years that wouldn't easily be up to the job. the camera requirements are not challenging at all 6MP will be plenty. Far more important is the skill of the photographer at finding interesting subjects/viewpoints, and capturing them in a reasonable fashion.
Well thank you. My phone is a little over 5 years I think. I tried to put a photo from my phone onto a bag (online) for printing and my friend tells me 64 DPI isn't going to look too good when it's printed. I intend to do quite a lot of online stuff so I think I'd like a camera...

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-06-02-13-05-46.png
    Capture+_2021-06-02-13-05-46.png
    2 MB · Views: 64
  • 20210321_010336-1.jpg
    20210321_010336-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
Depends on the subject matter. If your looking for photo-realistic prints then a decent camera of 6 to 10 MP will be "good enough". You can find those used for less than your budget. If you're looking at abstract and graphics then what you have is fine.

I tried to put a photo from my phone onto a bag (online) for printing and my friend tells me 64 DPI isn't going to look too good when it's printed. I intend to do quite a lot of online stuff so I think I'd like a camera...
I personally don't like phones for photography, as I like to have control rather than have software decide for me. So I agree totally with going for a camera. Used systems can be very affordable, and even 10 year old systems can work perfectly well for less challenging subjects.

64DPI is meaningless for digital files, you can simply reset the dots per inch to any value you like when printing. More important is the actual number of pixels, but this is a factor that's been 'good enough' for many years. If you're not cropping 6MP is actually enough for printing to A4 on paper & the requirements of tee shirts etc. will if anything be less demanding than paper. With the right image even a 1.3MP image as produced by the cheap point & shoot I had 20 years ago could make a good tee-shirt. However most of the shots I got with such cameras where only of use as a family record :icon_redface:

Depends on the subject matter. If your looking for photo-realistic prints then a decent camera of 6 to 10 MP will be "good enough". You can find those used for less than your budget. If you're looking at abstract and graphics then what you have is fine.
Thank you very much.

I personally don't like phones for photography, as I like to have control rather than have software decide for me. So I agree totally with going for a camera. Used systems can be very affordable, and even 10 year old systems can work perfectly well for less challenging subjects.

64DPI is meaningless for digital files, you can simply reset the dots per inch to any value you like when printing. More important is the actual number of pixels, but this is a factor that's been 'good enough' for many years. If you're not cropping 6MP is actually enough for printing to A4 on paper & the requirements of tee shirts etc. will if anything be less demanding than paper. With the right image even a 1.3MP image as produced by the cheap point & shoot I had 20 years ago could make a good tee-shirt. However most of the shots I got with such cameras where only of use as a family record :icon_redface:
Great thank you for your help.

Well thank you. My phone is a little over 5 years I think. I tried to put a photo from my phone onto a bag (online) for printing and my friend tells me 64 DPI isn't going to look too good when it's printed. I intend to do quite a lot of online stuff so I think I'd like a camera...
well, you could take a brand new phone with very nice cameras on contract so you don't have to pay it immediately. also you could use some photo editing services on fiverr if you don't know to do it by your self.

well, you could take a brand new phone with very nice cameras on contract so you don't have to pay it immediately. also you could use some photo editing services on fiverr if you don't know to do it by your self.
Thanks for your advice. Editing I'm pretty much okay at, I was just trying to get advice on specs for a kind of all round camera for photographing people, landscapes and objects with good enough quality to print. So far all responses have been useful - for instance I'd never heard of fiverr beforr! (😊) Cheers.

Thanks for your advice. Editing I'm pretty much okay at, I was just trying to get advice on specs for a kind of all round camera for photographing people, landscapes and objects with good enough quality to print. So far all responses have been useful - for instance I'd never heard of fiverr beforr! (😊) Cheers.
you can even order the pictures of your likes, and hire even models, that they will shoot the pictures of your likes, from that site for very low price in case you want to do it in mass production, so can cut down the costs.

Most reactions

Back