Best Canon macro lens? Advice please!

I don't shoot people but I have a little experience in macro. From what I have gathered the 100mm range is good. Any Canon 100 or I can speak on behalf of the tamron 90mm as a very Sharp lens. Been told its great for people. If you are wanting to get ontop of the hands you might want to consider a smaller mm for the focusing distance. You might be pretty far back to get a whole hand in with a 100 or 180.

You could also use a 50mm prime fast lens by itself or add a 12mm or 25mm tube to get a bit closer. I am not sure why you would want to spend an arm and a leg on a macro just for ring shots? That sounds like a needless expense. A 50mm f/1.4 would be able to be used more during the wedding portraits as well. Slap a 1.4x kenko tc on it and you have a 70mm f2 which could also be very useful.

You could also use a 50mm prime fast lens by itself or add a 12mm or 25mm tube to get a bit closer. I am not sure why you would want to spend an arm and a leg on a macro just for ring shots? That sounds like a needless expense. A 50mm f/1.4 would be able to be used more during the wedding portraits as well. Slap a 1.4x kenko tc on it and you have a 70mm f2 which could also be very useful.

The ring shots and very minor detail shots would be about the main use of the lens, which is why it make it kind of difficult making a decision. The primary shooter for the studio I work for also shoots Canon, and misfocuses 9/10 ring shots they take, so I want to make sure I'm getting the right lens/making the right decision so I can avoid this in my own work...

Thank you again everyone for your input! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back