Best CPL filter

jjng

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Cokin or Kenko zeta?

your option would be appreciated :)

Are those two the only options? I use a B+W Kaesemann Circular Polarizer with Multi-Resistant Coating and have been very happy with it. I have one for my 17-55 and my 24-70.

I'd go B+W too. I've used one with success for many years until I sold the matching lens, while I manage to break the Hoya and the Kenko I had. I didn't try the Cokin though.

I'm a long-time and happy B+W user as well. Other good brands are Heliopan, Lee, and Singh-Ray. Tiffen and Hoya are okay. There's a LOT more to a good-quality camera filter than a piece of glass and some colouring.

I'm a long-time and happy B+W user as well. Other good brands are Heliopan, Lee, and Singh-Ray. Tiffen and Hoya are okay. There's a LOT more to a good-quality camera filter than a piece of glass and some colouring.

B+W fan here as well. I have a ND filter and the quality is so good that you can't tell it is on there. I do have various tiffen and Hoya CPL's and well...you get what you pay for.

Cokin vs Kenko seems to be likely a toss-up. I'm pretty sure that Hoya and Kenko are different entities under the same ownership group these days. I would not worry much about chosing between the Cokin or the Kenko polars.

B+W here too
great products

Can CPL be used with flash? I never tried but want to. I want to shoot some portraits with lake as the background but want to eliminate the water reflection with CPL. I need the flash to light up the person.

Can CPL be used with flash? I never tried but want to. I want to shoot some portraits with lake as the background but want to eliminate the water reflection with CPL. I need the flash to light up the person.

No! The last guy who tried it now walks with a limp.

Most reactions

Back