Best deal on TAP folders?

butterflygirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbymcdonald.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all! I'm looking at purchasing some TAP folders to put my photos in when someone purchases them - where do you get them?

I was thinking black with gold or silver embossing of my studio name. Also I'd like to get some presentation boxes to put them in, Where do you get them and what's the best deal?

Thanks!

OMG, those sooooo remind me of those things you get when you go on a cruise ship and the guy comes and takes your picture at the table. :er:

So how do you give out your prints? ;)

It would probably depend on where you're doing it.
If it's in a public location and you're hawking your abilities at an attraction...those folders are standard fare...

If you're gonna be sending them by mail to someone....either a small box, or sandwiched between cardboard would probably be a better idea (covered in plastic.

It all depends on your image I guess too. If you wanna send em in the mail too, you could do that as well...nothing wrong with it. Just they're gonna come outta those things anyway.

Ok, point well taken :lol:

It's just I seem to hear, at least around here, all the photographers talking about their image and how you MUST deliver your final product in a fancy way. Whatever. I just felt out of the loop - hehe. But also, I wanted my work to reflect a classy style. I guess I'll have to think more about it :)

Hi,
I use black linen mounts... similar to the folder but without the front flap. I stick a small silver sticker with my studio name in the bottom right corner then wrap in tissue paper, secure with a seal and put the lot into a nice box. Sticker on front of box and voila... works well for me, and the clients always comment on how nice the presentation is. Sure, they will toss the matts, but I still think it is important to present your product in the nicest way.

Hi,
I use black linen mounts... similar to the folder but without the front flap. I stick a small silver sticker with my studio name in the bottom right corner then wrap in tissue paper, secure with a seal and put the lot into a nice box. Sticker on front of box and voila... works well for me, and the clients always comment on how nice the presentation is. Sure, they will toss the matts, but I still think it is important to present your product in the nicest way.

I like this Jemmy! Where do you get your folders and the stickers? I might want to do it this way also.

Bthorton - I will have to check that out! thanks for the idea.

BigMike and Wildmaven - thanks as well!

jemmy...do you package every picture like that? do you have ltos of orders? I would say right now, being the highest volume time of year for prints, i would being packaging 1000-1500 prints to clients...i cant imagine packaging them all up like that. though, i suppose it depends on your price point for images. I package each size in its own envelope, with cardboard for protection, but nothing special. It certainly would be a nice presentation. For cd's/dvd's I package those in plastic cases & i do cover with a b&w image (of theirs) on the cover. the back cover is printing info and my contact info, of coarse! people really love those! You've got me thinking how could i make things better!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back