Best Digital Camera?

Cameras don't take good pictures, I do.

I think the biggest problem for the OP is he wants to take what amounts to studio shots. That requires, obviously, some element of studio setup. It's hard to impossible to get the lighting right without investing in some sort of lighting such as a couple of flashes, softboxes/umbrella's, standed etc.

Yes.

The camera doesn't matter as long as it has manual control and a hot shoe or a sync port.

lights and some sort of back drop or light box is what's really needed.

The Canon 5D (not the Mark II) is an amazing camera and can be purchased used (and probably some places still have new ones in stock) for a great price. You'll get a really good FF camera for a fraction of what the new models are going for.

Thats funny, where do you find a 5D for 300-600?

Anyway, what about a G9 or G10?

That's kind of a stupid question, since you didn't specify your price range. Anyway, for an amateur, who might get serious I'd recommend the Nikon D90. It's a great camera and performs better than higher end Canons. If you have a choice, go with the 18-200mm VR lens.

That's kind of a stupid question, since you didn't specify your price range. Anyway, for an amateur, who might get serious I'd recommend the Nikon D90. It's a great camera and performs better than higher end Canons. If you have a choice, go with the 18-200mm VR lens.

Like a 1Ds MKIII? That's a higher end Canon. I could bash the Nikon D90 into a pile of plastic and metal bits with a 1D series, then go use it as a hammer to build a house and bludgeon my enemies.

Anyways, a D40 would do. So would a Canon 300D. Even an advanced P&S with a hotshoe like a Canon G9 or G10.

Any DSLR would do really. You're still missing lights or a lightbox or some kind of setup. It's awesome telling some one that they just need a camera and lens when in their original post they describe what they want to do and the advice offered for said camera and lens will have the OP coming back and asking why can't they get the picture they want when they were told that the camera and lens would work...

...but then again there's the unwillingness of the OP to learn. In one of his posts he mentions

Brain 916 said:
I am not interested too much at this moment in learning the different types you mentioned I.E. Ipo(?) etc. But want to take really nice pictures easily.

which is sad really, because unless he learns he's never going to take really nice pictures easily. Not of what he described anyways...

LOL - I take it your joking?

For what the OP needs the last thing is to spent 1000's on body/lens.

The list suggested by sultan is very well composed and about the level he needs.

Yes, I was joking. Which is why I said "In all seriousness" on the next line. :lol:

However I was not joking about Fuji. It has the best image quality that I have seen in his price range.

Most reactions

Back