Best DSLR for shooting video in average price?

Gabriel Greiner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As the title says, i'm looking foward to buy a new DLSR, right now I have a Canon 550D and i'm a little bit dissapointed with the videos settings, so... What should i buy?

500$~600$ not including lens

Do you want to stick with canon? I have had great success with my d3200 and have heard that the d3300 is even better. That should be in your price point but obviously if you already have canon lenses this option wont be any use to you...

What do you mean by dissapointed with the video settings? I'm not sure you'll get a whole lot better than what you currently have with your 550D, unless you spend more than the proposed 500$-600$ budget.

Do you want to stick with canon? I have had great success with my d3200 and have heard that the d3300 is even better. That should be in your price point but obviously if you already have canon lenses this option wont be any use to you...
Yes... I have a lot of Canon lenses, it is definitely not an option for me :/

What do you mean by dissapointed with the video settings? I'm not sure you'll get a whole lot better than what you currently have with your 550D, unless you spend more than the proposed 500$-600$ budget.
I own the 550D since 2011 , and I'm a little sick of it, I wish I could record RAW with the Magic Lantern in a better resolution.

I don't know much on the Canon side of things since I owe Nikon stuff, but if you want to record RAW, which I beleive you mean recording clean video signal directly from the sensor, then you'll need an HDMI output. Hopefully, others will chime in, but I'm not sure you'll find a DSLR body under 600$ that will allow such option. Heck, just the external HDMI recorder will set you back around 1000$.

The 70d is a great video solution. Easy auto focus, flip out screen.

New 70D or Used 5d mark ii?

Depends how serious you are about video. The 70d has useable AF where as the mkII doesn't. I use a mkiii for video but I have been shooting professionally for over ten years.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back