BEST FREE PHOTO EDITING PROGRAM ONLINE.......

I end up feeling like I am not editing a photo but rather creating something. JMO.
Isn't creating something what photography is all about?

I think in terms of making a photograph, not taking a photograph.

A photograph sure doesn't capture reality, because the world is 3-D and a photograph is 2-D. The camera is not capable of accurately recording what we see.

I end up feeling like I am not editing a photo but rather creating something. JMO.
That's not the fault of PSE, it's a result of what you are *doing* in PSE. It's perfectly capable of basic edits as well as more grand-scale "creations" from your photographs.

Someone else already asked this--WHAT is it you are wanting to do with your photos? Can you show us any examples of what you are trying to accomplish? When you say you only want to 'edit' a photo not create something, we may all have different interpretations of what you mean, and as another poster pointed out, the whole thing is a 'creation' anyway. For me, editing a photo (as opposed to 'creating something') means you only want to perhaps crop it a little and adjust the color balance, maybe up the contrast a little. PSE is perfectly capable of doing just that much, and no more. It's also capable of doing much, much more with your photo.

Rather than wearing yourself out trying the 5,000 different online programs, I'd just stick to PSE for now and start asking questions about how to achieve what you are trying to do with your photos...or better yet, POST a couple of photos and ask for C&C on them, to get a better idea of what you might NEED to be doing in PSE.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back