Best 'knock off' lens?

BNHPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for opinions, experience, and if anyone has any cold hard facts about which knock off lenses are better? I have an Olympus 70-300 f5.6 (?) It's okay, definitely not my favorite though

I've never heard of knock off meaning stolen? Of course I'm from Virginia, originally, and I'm coming to terms with the fact a lot of things we say don't mean the same things to other people...if anyone watches the big foot hunters show we were made famous in my area two weeks ago by the 'wha wuz at' video they featured on their show lol!
ANYWAY, yes I mean bargain brand

I wouldn't really call them 'knockoffs' since there are several cases when the so called 'knockoffs' outperform the name brand. To answer your question, it depends on the lens.

You can't judge the quality of a lens by who makes it.. every lens is different.

So what are you looking for exactly?

Do you want a zoom? A prime? Several primes? What body do you shoot with? What's your budget? What glass do you have already?

Like a Zorki? Best Russian Knock Off Ever!

You didn't mention which camera system you use, but I am assuming it's Olympus?

I have a canon body and all I have is an Olympus 70-300 f5.6, kit lens, and a nifty-fifty. I would like to have something I could use that's better than my f1.8. Zoom is optional, but preffered :)

I just traded in my nikkor 300mm f4.5 ais for a tamron 300mm f2.8 IF SP LD this morning and am very happy!!!!!!!!!

I have a canon body and all I have is an Olympus 70-300 f5.6, kit lens, and a nifty-fifty. I would like to have something I could use that's better than my f1.8. Zoom is optional, but preffered :)

...you have an Olympus lens? Are you using an adapter? I am so confused.

I'm looking for opinions, experience, and if anyone has any cold hard facts about which knock off lenses are better? I have an Olympus 70-300 f5.6 (?) It's okay, definitely not my favorite though

My Holga (Nikon mount) just came from BHPHOTO today. I will have a full review up soon (to include pics)
lol.gif

I'm not really sure to be honest...I bought my camera used and the lady sold me that lens, too. It's a really oldddddd film lens..? Not sure if that matters at all?
I have used it with my camera and being 8 months in owning my first DSLR I wouldn't know what an adapter looked like if it was staring me in the face!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back