Best looking....

captain-spanky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.higg.co.uk
CAMERA?

I'd just like to take a moment to state that i think the Polaroid SX-70 is the best looking camera ever invented. Its beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooootiful. :)
sx70.jpg

What do you guys think? Do you agree or not? Or can you think of one better looking? :D

Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Personally the Rollei gets me going, but since we don't have one (though we do have a Yashica TLR!) I have to settle for looking at the SX-70 at home ;)

photogoddess

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.trueblueintimates.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I was thinking Rollei myself but since I have a Yashica, it seemed a better pick this morning. There's also some romance to shooting my Rolleiflex SL35 (German - of course) but I know it's probably just me because it's exactly like my first real camera. Might be the Zeiss glass though. :drool:

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love the SX-70, too! I have two of them; one is a twin of yours up there, Captain.

When you start reading about it and learn how Edwin Land was thinking when he designed it, it's nothing short of a miracle. In fact, I think I came across something in my reading where Ansel Adams referred to it as "an absolute miracle". He is one of my photographic heros. :lovey: Dr. Land, I mean.

Makes it all the more beautiful to behold. Plus, they're just freaking FUN! :lol:

jstuedle

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.picture-daddy.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nikon F, with the non-metered prism. Started a revolution! Every F model then D series since just improved upon a great body, but none nearly as sexy!

Big Mike

I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've got an SX-70 which is quite striking...you have got to love that built-in leather-ish paneling and when it's folded....it doesn't look anything like a camera.

There is something about the way a nice old view camera looks...but I also drool all over my 20D.

KevinR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The SX-70 is definitly cool. I like the classic lines of the 4X5's and the Hassie's.

500classic.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics