What's new

Best of 2013!!!

What a shot. Great capture. Ed
 
$11378011336_e3814e958b_o.webp

View attachment 63233

$11500698025_4bee75cb88_o.webp

$11385459693_417be3634b_o.webp

$9590991384_798c95ee6c_o.webp
 
$fireworks-4web.webp
1. Fireworks

$davidrhoda-94.webp
2. Tanzanian Bride
$nyendo-106web.webp
3. A quiet moment
$budoir-4web.webp
4. Because this is as much boudoir as I'm permitted to show on the web :)
$akjs-102web.webp
5. Jumping on the Bed
$untitled-106-9texturedwps.webp
6. Midnight Love
$nyendowed-125wps.webp
7. Lovely Eyes

Oh 2013 was a fun year
 

Attachments

  • $shamim-270.webp
    $shamim-270.webp
    387.9 KB · Views: 73
  • $davidrhoda-20.webp
    $davidrhoda-20.webp
    195.2 KB · Views: 76
  • $nyendowed-95wps.webp
    $nyendowed-95wps.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 81
It's almost year's end and I've offloaded most of this year's stuff, but I do have my most recent shoot from this Saturday still on this iMac. I shot a couple girls from one of the local hair design colleges, for some photos showing their hair coloring and hair cutting skills. I don't shoot a lot of this kind of stuff, but it is fun! I shot 627 frames, and am not sure if these are "the best", but these are a few faves I grabbed out of the Proofs I made for them in Lightroom yesterday.

$D3X_1689V-1-TIERRA.webp
1) Tierra. A crop showing her cute hair style's detailing. One Speedotron 202VF flash head aimed at the background with a 7-inch reflector. Main light another 202VF with 11.5 inch reflector, 20 degree grid, and one mylar snap-on diffuser. Main light placed very close to the lens axis. This is a crop showing her cute hair style's detailing and beautiful coloring work.

$D3X_1789V-1-STAR.webp

2) Star. A single 24x24 softbox from camera right, and one light aimed at the background screen, which was my 42x72 inch Lightform P-22 reflector panel. The cheap eBay softbox I used has a beaded, metallized silver interior, and you can see the kind of light it produces; I like this look, 'cause it takes me back to the days of Ektachrome 64 shot with uncoated Speedo flash tubes, which is what this is, an uncoated flashtube in an old compact 103, fan-free light head.


$D3X_1733V-1-Star.webp
3) Star. A hair color and cut that Tierra did for her. Same 202VF head and reflector as in Shot #1, with a 20-degree grid as above,but with the flash reflector set to Widest Zoom, and three mylar diffusers, for a softer light than #1, but still with a bit of crispness to it.This is straight, un-retouched, off the card light; this is normally what I use as a hair light!

$D3X_1993preliminary-3-Star.webp
4) Star. 11.5 inch reflector with 35 degree grid and mylar diffuser, 35mm f/2 Nikkor lens, at 1/25 second at ISO 320. A cool-blueish Lightroom preset I have developed, and that I like for a sort of offbeat, noir-ish sort of hint.

$D3X_2137V-1-Proof-3.webp
5) Vampire Queen. I was going for a sort of Twilight, the movie look, to make her skin look wan and very ashen, and pale in that Kristen Stewart sort of sexy, vampiresss kinda' way. This photo kicks off a 115 frame couples shoot which I processed with normal color, and also in a MUCH darker and grungier, grittier,very dark feel. The darker look is the one I preferred.

$D3X_2217V-1-Proof-3-Star.webp
6) Couples shoot. This is the very dark, moody way I processed the shots of these two. It just seemed like this dark,moody look added drama that "regular color" lacked. I lighted this by the wall lamp and a reflector and diffuser from across the room, on the other side of the bed.
 
Last edited:
Might not be the most technically correct photo I've ever taken, but this one means the most to me. Not everyone get's a chance to visit Iwo Jima, I am one of the lucky few that got to stand on one of the most memorable pieces of ground a United States Marine could ever stand on. It was one of the most humbling experiences of my life.


The view of Iwo Jima from Mount Suribachi by Ingerson Photo, on Flickr
 
This is like choosing your favorite child or pet.......I just can't do it.....what if the other images feel left out....what if I forget one and I need to come back and add one......
 
This is like choosing your favorite child or pet.......I just can't do it.....what if the other images feel left out....what if I forget one and I need to come back and add one......

Just post all of them - no one will mind ...

;)
 
I'm going to add one more I got today since out here there is still 7.5 hours of 2013 left...

Golden Eagle in flight

golden1_zps3d0630df.jpg~original
 
It's been an interesting year and I'm learning so much more about photography.

Here are a few of my favorites from 2013.

1. I started the year doing some impressionistic stuff. Quite inspired by PixelRabbit's work.
FallMonroviaCanyon by Desi595, on Flickr

2. Fall impression

Fall Impression by Desi595, on Flickr

3. Anhingas in the Everglades

Anhinga 4 by Desi595, on Flickr

4. San Crabs

Sand Crabs by Desi595, on Flickr

5. Elephants of the Okavango (Backyard Safari)

Elephants of the Okavango by Desi595, on Flickr

6.

Iceland Safari by Desi595, on Flickr

7. Playing at the beach

Playing at the beach by Desi595, on Flickr

8. Golden Gate

Golden Gate Bridge 2 by Desi595, on Flickr

9. Ready to blow away

Ready to blow away by Desi595, on Flickr

10. Bedouin (self portrait)

Bedouin by Desi595, on Flickr

11. Abutilon

Abutilon, LA Arboretum by Desi595, on Flickr

Thanks for looking. I've been enjoying your work all year.

Desi
 
here's mine - her studio is using it as a display :-)

11823712126_7cdaba9a3a_k.jpg
 
It's been an interesting year and I'm learning so much more about photography.

Here are a few of my favorites from 2013.

1. I started the year doing some impressionistic stuff. Quite inspired by PixelRabbit's work.
FallMonroviaCanyon by Desi595, on Flickr



Desi

Oh, man, Desi--this one rocks! I absolutely love this color masterpiece.
 
Thanks, Derrel.....that sure puts a smile on my face :blushing:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom