What's new

Best of 2013!!!

Awesome. I missed some great stuff.

I will have to think twice before posting anything.
 
A few from the year

$SNO_9138-4.webp

$TMS_7507-2.webp

$ZAP!.webp

$_SNO1370-2.webp

$Minot light 2013 111.webp
 
I am about to complete a 365 Project I've been doing on my blog. I chose my favorite photo from each month. Some months were harder than others.
(They're watermarked because I do so for all photos I put on my blog, and I just uploaded those copies - easier than sorting through all the other photo folders!)

Here's the first 6 months:

January
$Day 31 - Bottles.webp

February
$Day 33 - self portrait.webp

March - just got the 50mm 1.7 for my K1000. I learned what 'sharp lens' means.
$Day 86 - Reeds 2.webp

April
$Day 91 - Street workers.webp

May - the second shot from my father's revived Polaroid. This is the negative from a color print.
$Day 130 - Zelda negative cropped.webp

June
$Day 168 - Bikers.webp
 
And here's the next six months (sorry if it's too many - I couldn't choose! And it didn't like all 12 attachments in one post.)

July
$Day 211 - Rowboat Strunjan.webp

August
$Day 220 - Hopping.webp

September - my first decent pinhole shot.
$Day 252 - Pinhole Armchairs.webp

October
$Day 303 - Curves.webp

November
$Day 324 - Reflected tree.webp

December - with my new love, the C330!
$Day 363 - House on river.webp
 
here's a few I like from 2013:

eagledive_zpsee214992.jpg~original


GHO2_zps6f6a54c4.jpg~original


spiraljettysunset_zps8295e03a.jpg~original


uppermesafalls_zps9d19e68d.jpg~original


bear2_zpsb2b91521.jpg~original
 
wow everyone had some nice stuff this year but especially runnah and majeed...I'm impressed!
 
These are my favorites. They don't hold a candle to a lot of what has been posted, but they represent a massive improvement for me.


Holiday Bell by longm1985, on Flickr
^The revival of my Hasselblad 1600f, Blad the Impaler. Bad scan, interesting colors.


Cutting through the fog by longm1985, on Flickr
^I love windmills and fog


I'm Free by longm1985, on Flickr
^I know it's dark, but it was an important image for me to recreate. It was the first time I'd ever tried to evoke specific emotions through a photo. Was a mighty tough experience.


Smaller-172121 by longm1985, on Flickr
^Fog is just awesome.


PB222307 by longm1985, on Flickr
^One of the first of my "urban engineered" macro setup shots. It's really, really fun to get that out of something so incredibly sketchy.


A plus with wings by longm1985, on Flickr
^My favorite of my "urban engineered" macro shots.

Compared to what some of you guys are capable of, these are probably laughable, but they're a MASSIVE improvement for me compared to a year ago.
 
Wonderful work here!! :hail:
 
MSnowy, just to see your last photo in person would be pretty amazing let alone capture the image!

Great work everyone! There really is an amazing collection of photographers on this forum.
 
I agree, there are some amazing photographers here, truly artists.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom