Best Online Photography Course

dustin0479

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife has become really interested in Photography, however she does not listen to a thing i say so her learning curve has been slow. She has read Understanding Exposure but is really the type person who could benefit from a full course. Does anyone have suggestions as to what the best Online Photography Course would be?

I don't know if it's the best, but I'm taking this one http://www.mlkstudios.com/ and the assignments have helped me tremendously (starting from knowing almost nothing). You read the stuff, do the work, then post your pictures on a gallery for the instructor to critique.

Most here will tell you though that an in-person class is better with better discussion and feedback. It's probably true. But if you need something you can do at your own pace I would recommend this one.

What did it set you back Red? (if you don't mind me asking)

On an iPhone so it won't let me. But now I am curious

He was running a special when I signed up but the current price is $299.

Like I said, if she can get in with an in-person class it's probably going to give her that much more in terms of feedback and seeing other students' work. But if she's limited to learning online and (like me) is overwhelmed with the amount of info on the internet, this can give her a place to start and focus her attention on getting the basics down. Then, once she's got that info under her belt, she'll have a better idea of what direction to go to increase her skills. Or at least, that's what my experience has been so far.

I just did a bunch of research on the mlk course and it has some good reviews, may be a goos place for her to start

Any other suggestions for structured learning? She really is the type that needs interactive learning like an online class. There is also nothing here locally.

if not then.....

Has anyone else here used the Mlkstudios course?

Most reactions

Back