best P%S <$200

AJK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm saving for a Nikon d80, but I was just curious. How many DSLR owners actually use a P&S regularly? I'm looking to buy something small for around $200 US to take some snapshots and some videos. (gave my sony cybershot w150 to the gf) I've been looking at the canon sd870is, which seems to have great reviews and is pretty cheap.

So SLR owners, do you even own a P&S? If so, do you use it? Finally, any recommendations?
Thanks.
Adam

I can't recommend one under $200 but I also have a D80 and I also have a Sony DC SW50 P&S to stick in my purse, well, that's what I used to use it for, but I recently gave it to my 10 year old as he loves photography as well. Still, if I'm in a situation where I cannot bring the D80 along, I will take the P&S. I still want a decent P&S and I researched this one, it's a $350 camera though.

I carry around a Sony W-100 everywhere I go. Sony no longer makes it but they do make the w-150 which took its place

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=11310&i=158DSW150&tp=262

I like it for a P&S and it comes in handy when I need to pack light or I can not carry my DSLR.

here are some examples

DSC04793-1.jpg

SunChat12.jpg

MW07Sat9.jpg

MW07Fri9.jpg

Dsc02345.jpg

It also does decent Video. I shot this entire video (Pics/video) with the W-100 I did my editing in Windows movie maker.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LTAL3rptSY[/ame]

I have two point and shoot cameras. Both are Fujis. One I like because it's so small and light. I carry it with me everywhere, which I don't do with my DSLRs. I chose it because it does low-light photography better than most.

The other has been modified to work on infrared wavelengths. I got interested in infrared photography, and after some research, decided buying a modified Fuji was a better return on investment than shelling out for special filters for my DSLR (and then being limited to really long exposure times).

I have my eye on the Canon SD1000. Very inexpensive these days.

I bring it when I want to record video.

Most reactions

Back