best photo editing suite to use.......

lissylou131

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi can anyone recommend a decent place to download a easy to use photo editing program , i am totally new to the world of cameras and photography, but ready to learn. thanks in advance
liss
:wink:

GIMP GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

100% legal and free its open-source software that is community developed. It's powerful, but its interface can prove to be more complex than similar costed programs like Photoshop. There are lots of guides online though so you can search for what you need to find out.

Note Adobe recently shifted to online distribution and cloud use of their software. This means you can get photoshop for a monthly price and last I checked Adobe UK had a deal of something like £10 per month for Photoshop and Lightroom (that's basically all the major software a photographer needs for editing in photoshop and initial processing and library functions in lightroom)

Note whilst its sold and linked online you do not have to be connected to use it

Note whilst its sold and linked online you do not have to be connected to use it
Except that it likes to prompt you to login or refuses to run. Not every time, but I purchased <10 days ago and it's already made me re-login.

Adobe directly states at least once every 30 days you must connect for CC to work.

I'm likely to cancel with my 30 days over that.

To be fair if you're paying monthly then yes it will require a one-day connection every so often. But honestly unless you're in a very bad connection area or going touring for an extended period of time that shouldn't be a problem (and it won't be a resource hog for that small connection period).

That depends on when it randomly decides to do it. Not like it came up with a "Skip: You have 10 days remaining to re-verify" or something similar.

Except that it likes to prompt you to login or refuses to run. Not every time, but I purchased <10 days ago and it's already made me re-login.

Adobe directly states at least once every 30 days you must connect for CC to work.

I'm likely to cancel with my 30 days over that.

I've had mine for a little over a month and have only been received the login request once to verify my subscription. So far I haven't had any issues with it asking me to log in at other times. Is it possible when it downloaded to your computer the file had an error in it or a setting was changed which could be causing you to be required to login more frequently?

Because you are new to the world of photography, my advise is first concentrate on photography and then editing.
First things first, I'd you are working with digital, know your camera inside out, know the differences bn metering modes and exposure modes. Once you know that next step is LIGHT. Good light = good picture. Editing is important I'm digital but if you want to be a PHOTOGRAPHER learn light and even with a cell phone you'll have a good picture.

Good luck
Joe

I used 123 videomagic..it works efficiently for me..

Download and Free: GIMP hands down

Simple and free Picassa is well worth downloading for simple edits and sharing photos by email. It is also an excellent organiser

You do not have to use CC once every 30 days once you have established a monthly subscription, because the software is then installed on your computer. But Adobe needs you to be connected to the Internet once a month so they can update your use license.

Adobe Creative Cloud ? FAQ
Do I need ongoing Internet access to use my Adobe Creative Cloud desktop applications?

No. Your Creative Cloud desktop applications (such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator) are installed directly on your computer, so you won't need an ongoing Internet connection to use them on a daily basis.

An Internet connection is required the first time you install and license your desktop apps, but you can use the apps in offline mode with a valid software license. The desktop apps will attempt to validate your software licenses every 30 days.

For annual members, you can use the apps for up to 99 days in offline mode. Month-to-month members can use the software for up to 30 days in offline mode.

Adobe Community: How to keep Creative Cloud working without Internet access?

Last edited:
hi can anyone recommend a decent place to download a easy to use photo editing program , i am totally new to the world of cameras and photography, but ready to learn. thanks in advance
liss
:wink:

I reccommend you begin to learn/acquire the technical skills behind cameras and photography before you dabble into the world of photo editing.

You do not have to use CC once every 30 days once you have established a monthly subscription, because the software is then installed on your computer. But Adobe needs you to be connected to the Internet once a month so they can update your use license.
Yes, if you don't *use* the product you don't need to connect.

Despite what they say about 99 and 30 days, mine required me to re-connect in <10 days from purchase. This could have been a very unpleasant surprise under some circumstances.

I reccommend you begin to learn/acquire the technical skills behind cameras and photography before you dabble into the world of photo editing.
Two obvious exceptions:
1) If he's shot something he wants to keep / use ("here's the pics I took from the bridal shower")
2) If we are discussing processing of RAWs. Seeing what you get, what you can do, and what limitations your shot has imposed on you in post-processing is a feedback loop

I learn a lot of what I did wrong when I pull up the RAW in PS and start trying to turn it into a finished product.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back