best photojournalistic camera for under 2000$

gumball513

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
im looking for a great photo journalistic camera, well an all around great camera. I dont care care what brand just wanna keeo it under 2k. Any suggestions?

Don't worry about the camera as much as the glass.

If you're going the Canon route then Ideally I would get a 50D with the 70mm - 200mm f/2.8 and a Mid range zoom lens. The camera does not matter as much as the glass as previously mentioned because the glass determines the sharpness of the subject.

Do a little research, find out what jobs you're going to be doing, are the sports, are they indoors, will it require a flash?

If only the budget would be higher I would suggest a body that looks the best to you, a 24-70 f/2,8 and 70-200 f/2,8 and maybe a flash.

Don't worry about the camera as much as the glass.

If you're going the Canon route then Ideally I would get a 50D with the 70mm - 200mm f/2.8 and a Mid range zoom lens. The camera does not matter as much as the glass as previously mentioned because the glass determines the sharpness of the subject.

Do a little research, find out what jobs you're going to be doing, are the sports, are they indoors, will it require a flash?

:thumbup: My thoughts exactly before even reading this post. Cameras are now going the way of computers....constantly upgrading and evolving. Good glass is something that you can have with you for 20 or 30+ years if it's taken care of.
You will get much better images using a lower end camera with good glass than the other way around any day.

If only the budget would be higher I would suggest a body that looks the best to you, a 24-70 f/2,8 and 70-200 f/2,8 and maybe a flash.

That would be great, but with those two lenses alone, you are already about 50% over budget, and haven't even looked at the camera yet.

I know the body is older, but along the Nikon line, I think I would look at the D70s, an 80-200 f/2.8 AF-D, SB-600, and you would still have about $400 or so to look at a decent short zoom.

i know this summer ill be working at a summer camp for weekly cds for the campers and a slideshow for the internet, and ive already booked a wedding.

i know this summer ill be working at a summer camp for weekly cds for the campers and a slideshow for the internet, and ive already booked a wedding.
So no low-light? Get a Rebel XTi or XSi and get a 70-200mm f/4. Like I said do research.

i think ive landed a 5d mark 1
Will you have enough for a good lens? You may have a awesome camera but no lens. Trust me, pictures don't come out well with no lens.

Having put a 70-200 f/2.8 on my XSI was simply amazing to see how good glass is so important.

If all you are throwing on that 5d is a 18-55mm kit lens, I might think the purchase over. Unless its temporary and you are planning on getting good glass soon

Most reactions

New Topics

Back