best place to buy d40

hyg71886

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm tryin to find the best place n price to buy this camera. the cheapest i seen is 465 new at walmart. I already have a 8gb stick. Any ideas

I'm tryin to find the best place n price to buy this camera. the cheapest i seen is 465 new at walmart. I already have a 8gb stick. Any ideas

Well, since your priority is price, buy it at Walmart.

well I do want the 55-200mm lens to come with it and the bag, B&H has it for 615 with shipping, the bag, both lens an a 2gb stick. Do u think I should just get the camera n buy the other stuff latter like the 2nd lens? Its gonna total out to the same in the end, the 55-200 mm lens is on amazon refurb for 99. wat do u think?

well I do want the 55-200mm lens to come with it and the bag, B&H has it for 615 with shipping, the bag, both lens an a 2gb stick. Do u think I should just get the camera n buy the other stuff latter like the 2nd lens? Its gonna total out to the same in the end, the 55-200 mm lens is on amazon refurb for 99. wat do u think?

B&H is a very reputable organization and I make most of my purchases there.

You don't describe your background. If you're somewhat new to SLRs and there is no significant dollar saving by purchasing now, my suggestion is that you wait on the 55-200 purchase. After getting the camera and using it for a while, you might decide that you're better off with a different lens.

so your saying i should just get it at walmart, and get my feet wet 1st? then as i get more into it i might want a longer lense right?

if you buy on line you may get a better deal, if you like taking pictures you will want more lenses so saving money on the initial purchace will help you in the long run, when ever using the web to buy from check out resellerratings.com to make sure its a reputable business.
I have bought from adorama.com and b+H with no problems

thanks, i been checking online in walmart and circuit city are cheapest

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought mine at walmart, and I still only have the kit lense, yet have been quite happy with it. I will get new lenses eventually of course, but for learning to adjust shutter speed, apperture, finding out what makes good photos and what are just "snap shots", blah blah blah...once you get all this down, you will be ready for upgrades, but I'd just get the kit at walmart, learn the ropes, then expand your skills by getting better equipment.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Check http://www.resellerratings.com/ before buying online.

I bought my D40 at a local camera store (actually, it's a national chain here in Canada), they had the same price as Best Buy and other big stores, but with much better service.

I'm scared to buy stuff from the large stores, since sometimes they put customer returns back on the shelf, then make it hard for you to return something.

Most reactions

Back