Best place to buy your gear?

Lol Well then thank you Chausam! (If you come back in this thread and see this lol) Now I am just unsure about how to purches the warranty or if it or if it automaticly has a warranty on it when you purches the camera.

New gear should be automatically waranteed. You shouldn't have to send anything in. You may, however, need to provide proof of purchase date if you send something in.

One thing about ebay and online sellers..... watch out for 'gray market' stuff. It's identical in all respects to what you'd buy locally, but it's intended for another market (usually Europe or Asia), so there would be warranty issues if you have a problem. (Read: you may not have a warranty at all!)

ah okay lol its just usually when you purches something new (sometimes not all the time) you have to spend extra money to get warranty on the iteam.

ah okay lol its just usually when you purches something new (sometimes not all the time) you have to spend extra money to get warranty on the iteam.

That's an "Extended" warranty, which is a 3rd-party insurance policy for when the manufacturer's warranty expires.

For instance, you buy a new camera tomorrow (July 1, 2012). You now have the manufacturer's warranty to cover you (typically) for one year. So if you have a covered issue by June 30,2013, the manufacturer will cover it.

Extended warranties are high-profit add-ons pushed heavily by sellers (and why not? They're darn good money!) that will cover you starting July 1, 2013 for another 1,2,3,4 even 5 years, depending on how much money you want to part with.

Ohh okay I understand now, thank you! :) I do want to find out how much the extended warranty is. ( I dont want putting in a little extra money to get a few extra years protection on it ! lol)

My experience with extended warranties is this: I've never bought one. And in all the crap I've purchased over the years that offered them, I've only had ONE instance where it would have covered the item. But truth be told, the repair was $10 more than the extended warranty.

So I'd say I'm thousands of $ ahead of that game.

Oh wow, well I guess if you do take care of your equitment there should be no need for the extanded warranty (and usually if there is a manual malfunction itll show up in the first few months) right?

I've heard electronics, if it fails, will fail within the first 72 hours of operation.

Mechanical stuff is a different story.

Simpy put: You pays your money and you takes your chances.

MiiLovely said:
Yeah, and I dont have a lot of money so I dont want to loss any of it (plus most ebay sellers will only return your money if something happens within 90 days.) Vitek has a 3 year warranty and it covers a lo. I really think I am going to order from them! (and since I live in canada its free shipping :D lol) so thank you sooo much for telling me about this place! :)

Forget eBay it is a mistake to buy from eBay no return no warranty no fun

Lol ^ thank you ! I was talking to a friend about it earlier and they said the same thing pretty much haha.

I buy from eBay ... but I have been doing it with previous experience dealing in Used photographic equipment, and have bought/sold for over 5 years now ... so I know what to expect (only had two instances where there was a problem).

I rarely buy from Ebay so I wouldnt want to purches from the wrong person and be unhappy with my buy :( Especially with something so expensive.

The eBay Feedback is a good way of telling how good a Seller is ... you look at all the Negative ones to see how it was handled.

Most reactions

Back