Best Prime lens for beginners

Search a particular lens from within flickr.com and see if you can see some examples.

I would love to know how to do this.

Dave

Search a particular lens from within flickr.com and see if you can see some examples.

Dave

- Go to Flickr.com
- Type the lens you like to search in the top search box (i.e. ef 50mm f/1.8 stm)
- At the top, you will see "Photos People Group", click Group
- Flickr will display groups that match with your search. Click the group that you like to check out
- In this case when I search "ef 50mm f/1.8 stm", I found this group
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
- Inside the group, you will see a section named "Photo Pool" and it is currently has 3415 photos in the pool.
- Click "View 3415 photos" to view them.

Great thank you Dao.

Dave

... Learn more about photography and read more about lenses. Learn more about how Depth of field affected by aperture size (of course, there are other factors too). Learn more about how the field of view varies with focal length and how it affects your photos....[/ QUOTE]
Actually when I purchased my 50/1.8 lens is when what I read started making sense.

I really did not see the difference between f/5.6 and f.8 in the shots I was taking to experiment with on the kit lens.

But when I took a shot of f/1.8 to f/5.6 then it all became apparent, and thus I was then able to start seeing differences of f/5.6 vs f/8

So I recommend everyone get a 50/1.8 lens to learn about depth of field as the comparison shots really make it more visually apparent when reading is just seems like "words".

Dave

Just go to pixelpeeper.com and you can do a search for images by any lens you want (you can even constrain the search only show images taken at certain f-stops, etc. or in use on "full frame" vs. "crop frame" camera bodies, etc.

Most reactions

Back