Best Professional Nikon Camera for landscape & wildlife

I realize that Landscape & Wildlife photography most likely are NOT money makers.

As I like to say, if you're getting an art degree for the money, then you're doing it wrong.

Yep i have to agree. I'm doing it for the love. :)

Can u afford a pro setup?

600mm is a standard pro wildlife focal length, a modern pro version of this lens sells new for almost $10k (the 800mm is nearly 20k).

Personally I'd recommend a crop body over full frame, you'll usually be heavily cropping wildlife photos anyway why pay extra for a full frame?

Nope cannot afford those prices. That is one reason why I was getting info now, so I know what I need to do in the future. I've found some nice lenses that I could probably use that are not too terribly costly. I plan on getting another camera body, but i want to ensure that I get one where I can use the same lenses on both cameras that I have just in case. :)

You might consider the manual focus 600mm 5.6 nikkor. Lets you get shots similar to a $10k lens but for less than $1500. Mf is not that hard to deal with unless you're shooting birds in flight.

I would recommend a crop body. The D7100 is a great camera. I use the Sony A77. Spend your money on the best lenses you can afford. There is no reason for you to spend your money on a full frame camera. Both of the bodys I recommend are 24mp cameras that allow for heavy cropping. You can get either for 700 to 800 bucks. Then spend big money on the lenses. They are more important than the body.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back