What's new

Best tries of the week...

d40bby

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Location
Winston-Salem, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went fishing, but the fish weren't biting...so I took some photographs of some of the stuff around the pond.

I loved this little abandoned shed. I took a bunch of pictures of it, but some of them didn't come out right because the sun was doing some crazy halo effect stuff (mainly on the shots of the whole shed).

1.

3527828658_2dd60f72e9_b.jpg


I hate the fact that this one is A) crooked and B) has me in the reflection


2.

3527018307_3e28c86cdf_b.jpg


The crazy vignette was caused by one of my filters at the 18mm...as soon as I realized it I took it off


3.

3527019131_0610fd1767_b.jpg


It was really dark so I bumped up the ISO to get as much detail as possible (noise) I didn't want to use the flash and I like the rough look.

4.

3527833144_577142f33c_b.jpg


I want to crop this one to get rid of the junk on the very far right edge but not sure what exactly to do.


All in all I feel like I'm getting better, but it still seems like everytime I'm pleased on site, I get disappointed after I load the shots on to my computer. I'm really picky and any nuance throws me off. Oh well that's why we practice :) Btw no editing done except for the B&W conversion, straight from the camera.
 
I REALLY LOVE #2... and I think had I taken that shot... I would have put a "light" inside of that fixture during PP, would have given it a tad bit of a punch, but regardless... I still like it, alot, really. I truly do enjoy perspective's like that.
 
i probably will when i get a spare second, I have to read up some more on photoshop haven't done that yet.
 
1.

3527828658_2dd60f72e9_b.jpg


I hate the fact that this one is A) crooked and B) has me in the reflection

How does this look? It's much easier to straighten images in ACR than Photoshop.

3527828658_2dd60f72e9_b.jpg


I opened the image in Photoshops Adobe Camera Raw (ACR). I straightened it, adjusted the exposure +1.5 stops, added +75 of clarity (midtone contrast). I then moved the image to the photoshop edit workspace and after using the clone tool to remove your reflection I did a little dodging to create a little more depth. I used the relative setting in the dialog box for Image>Canvas Size and added a .025 in black border.

I find my D60 consistantly needs Exposure Compensation of +2/3 stop. I wouldn't be surprised were your D40X to also benefit from some +EC.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom