Best Tripod for my Money?

:???::???::???: At what price can I 'Trust' my 'pod?:confused:

in truth?
Never ;)
its just that the higher up the scale you can give them a little more trust- but never full trust
something around the £100 price range (my conversions rate is out of date, but something like $200 ish area) is where you really want to aim for a tripod to start with for serious use

I have a pretty heavy duty SLIK tripod that I got on Amazon for $100 that is awesome. It is medium size (although Amazon called it professional) easy to lug around (will fit on a backpack not in a camera bag) and I trust it to hold up my Nikon D300.

Hey all,

What's the best tripod for $40-60? I really loved my IMPACT tripod, but I lost a piece that is not sold, which makes me apprehensive to re-buy. I'm also seriously looking at SLIK tripods.

Thanks,

Phil

Thanks usayit..I'm looking up on the Bogen now. Nice to see another Newjerseyian here, BTW!:)

:headbang:

Second Sunday in Wayne, NJ there is a camera swap. It is NO WAY close to what it was like several years ago (dying because of digital) but that's where I have found a lot of collectibles and good deals (including my $35 3021+head bogen tripod).

http://www.showsandexpos.com/

I haven't been in about 6 months (I'm working most Sundays), I wouldn't make a long trip but if you happen to be in the area it might be worth a visit.

EDIT: On the site, it says Hamburg, Nj. Is this in Hamburg or Wayne?

Go NJ!:redwine:

Anyway..

Cool! Wayne is like 45mins away from me I reckon! Would I have to swap something to get something?

http://www.showsandexpos.com/cswayne.htm

I believe there are several shows indifferent locations. There are also record shows. The one I go to is linked above in Wayne, NJ. I've found awsome deals there for my camera collection but over the years it has dwindled to less than 1/2 the size with less each time i go. Still.. I find the occasional gem... Just be wary that your experience may vary before you make that 45min trip.

Nope.. you don't have to trade. You can just negotiate and buy out right.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back