Best way to charge?

rdzmzda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm unsure of the best way to charge. For instance should I charge more for the time spent like lets say 50 dollars for every hour spent including editing time etc...Or should I charge just like 20 and they have to buy their prints through me which I mark up. Hope my question makes since pros and cons of each etc....Thanks

There is no one "Best Way". Just ways that work, ways that don't work and ways in between.

Charge a sitting fee to pay for your time and talent and if they want prints or digital files charge for them separately.

Some photogaphers have package deals (1 16x20, 2 8x10, 2 5x7 for $XX) but many customers prefer buying a-la-carte.

Be aware your time includes any pre-shoot and post shoot contact with the client, and time you spend handleing the image files like uploading to the computer, editing, uploading for proof prints, preparing for the shoot, etc.

So your total time involvement for a 1 hour shoot actually winds up being closer to 3 hours of work. So if you figure your time and talent is worth $50 an hour your sitting fee needs to be $150 for a 1 hour session. If you figure your time and talent is worth $20 an hour your sitting fee needs to be $60 for a 1 hour sesion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back