What's new

Best Wide Angle Lens

IceBeat

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well today I'm going to be getting my Canon 60D along with a Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens, and I was thinking of getting a wide angel lens too.
What I realized is that I'm also going to need a wide-angle lens, and one that does well in low light since I'm going to shoot low-light indoors as well as night landscapes. Money Isn't really an issue as long as the lens is worth what I'm paying for. (I'm a canon shooter btw, if that wasn't clear yet)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 
Your Canon 17-55mm lens is a already wide-angle lens that does well in low light. (i.e. 17mm~)

Are you looking for Ultra-wide angle? Maybe EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 or the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8

Take a look at this comparison
Juza Nature Photography - Sigma, Canon, Tamron and Tokina APS-C Wide-Angles


By the way, night landscapes type shots may not need a fast lens, you need a tripod instead.
 
Yes I actually meant an Ultra-wide angle lens.
Looking at the compared lenses, to me it seems that either the Tokina 11-16mm, or the Canon 10-22mm.

Well, I always thought you need a higher aperture for low light situation inorder to let more light in?
 
........Well, I always thought you need a higher aperture for low light situation inorder to let more light in?

The smaller the f/number, the more light it allows through and results in better low-light performance.
 
The Tokina 11-16 is the best on the market optically and in terms of distortion.
 
I love mine as well! Be sure to get a CPOL!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom