Besties

janineh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Thought I share a few pics from Sunday nights session with my little one and her friend.

C&C welcome.
$tfb1.jpg

Does everyone in Australia live in dwellings such as this?

Aww Trav-is I think you are being too hard. Trendy? Maybe. Fitting for the subject matter? Yes.

I have the utmost respect for Janineh's skills, I just don't care for that look so much.

Like I said I think it is fitting for the scene.

I agree with Lew... that faded, overly yellow Facebook (as in extremely common on Facebook, along with lens flare) look is so overdone. Personally I find it ugly, even when well done. (But then Lew and I grew up in a slightly different time when when a more natural style of image was the norm)

Last edited:
Thanks for everyones comments. Highly appreciated!!

I understand that not everyone like every way of editing. Didn't know there is a facebook look, but anyway. I personally think it works with those pics. But I appreciate other opinions

I was also not aware there was a facebook "look" (except maybe excessive shots of every meal) I realize this processing is an aesthetic choice, but i personally find the lighting a little harsh, and less than flattering on skintones. (especially lighter skintones) did you use any flash on these? A diffused flash or two might soften the lighting and make for a more pleasing skintone. Again, this is just me and the wifes personal tastes. The posing is good, as usual, and for this processing style, my wife says these are well done. Just not our cup of tea.

I really like this set. The expressions and the scenery are all great. A lot of people may find the skin tones overly light. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with the skin tones, but I don't like how you almost lose the faces in the very similar color of the canvas tent. The bright wash however is very appropriate for the feel I think you were going for, and I think it compliments the photos very well. Great job!

I think the washed out look is something you see on weddings and engagement shots a lot. Mostly preset, one-click adjustments for people in lightroom or PS that dont truly understand the programs. I too have dabbled in the washed out look, and moved on. Now I prefer vibrant colors:) I do think there is a time and a place.

I was also not aware there was a facebook "look" (except maybe excessive shots of every meal) I realize this processing is an aesthetic choice, but i personally find the lighting a little harsh, and less than flattering on skintones. (especially lighter skintones) did you use any flash on these? A diffused flash or two might soften the lighting and make for a more pleasing skintone. Again, this is just me and the wifes personal tastes. The posing is good, as usual, and for this processing style, my wife says these are well done. Just not our cup of tea.

I only used natural light on these.

I really like this set. The expressions and the scenery are all great. A lot of people may find the skin tones overly light. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with the skin tones, but I don't like how you almost lose the faces in the very similar color of the canvas tent. The bright wash however is very appropriate for the feel I think you were going for, and I think it compliments the photos very well. Great job!

Thank you!

I think the washed out look is something you see on weddings and engagement shots a lot. Mostly preset, one-click adjustments for people in lightroom or PS that dont truly understand the programs. I too have dabbled in the washed out look, and moved on. Now I prefer vibrant colors:) I do think there is a time and a place.

Thanks for your comment. I do vibrant colours as well. Just depends what feeling and look I want to achive.

.... (But then Lew and I grew up in a slightly different time when when a more natural style of image was the norm)

Wasn't that in the days of the daguerreotype process?
With me it was charcoal sticks on cave walls. ;)

Most reactions

Back