Beyond Macro

Buckster

In memoriam
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Beyond macro (1:1), there is micro (microscopic). I just got an adapter today to shoot through my microscope, and these are my first shots through it:

A dog's taste buds:
Dog_Taste_Buds-1128.jpg

Cross-section of a Morning Glory root:
Ipomoea_Root-1129.jpg

Looking forward to playing with this setup, including focus stacking to get some really interesting stuff. :)

Sweet. What level of magnification is this?

Ooooohhhhh :thumbup:

Awesome. We all need to start throwing out as many ideas as possible for a super micro list.

We'll call it "Buckster's Micro Bucket".

What I wanna know, is how did you get the dog to hold his tongue still long enough to take the picture?
Sit! Stick out your tongue! Hold still while I use this scalpel on you! Good dog!

:lol:

Actually, it's a bit less exciting than that; I've got a couple hundred pre-prepared slides with all kinds of stuff on them already, including this.

What I wanna know, is how did you get the dog to hold his tongue still long enough to take the picture?
Sit! Stick out your tongue! Hold still while I use this scalpel on you! Good dog!

Actually, it's a bit less exciting than that; I've got a couple hundred pre-prepared slides with all kinds of stuff on them already, including this.

Awww. So you already have a long list of things to shoot.

Darn. You just too all the fun out of it. Poor doggie.

Awww. So you already have a long list of things to shoot.
I can always use more. Besides, maybe some of the requests will be easier to get a shot of and posted that way.

So Buckster, is you microscope a bright-field microscope? Can you adapt it for phase contrast? Because if you can, you'll have a marvelous time. When in college, I had access to our microscopy lab which had all kind of equipment, and a very nice phase-contrast scope. The lab custodian taught me how to fix and then slice tissues and mount them, and while the bright-field view was very interesting, the phase constrast view was spectacular. Unfortunately, most of the images I have from that time were slides, and they are buried somewhere in several large boxes in the basement, so can't share. But if I ever get more cash than I need, I'd consider buying a phase-contrast microscope...

So Buckster, is you microscope a bright-field microscope? Can you adapt it for phase contrast? Because if you can, you'll have a marvelous time. When in college, I had access to our microscopy lab which had all kind of equipment, and a very nice phase-contrast scope. The lab custodian taught me how to fix and then slice tissues and mount them, and while the bright-field view was very interesting, the phase constrast view was spectacular. Unfortunately, most of the images I have from that time were slides, and they are buried somewhere in several large boxes in the basement, so can't share. But if I ever get more cash than I need, I'd consider buying a phase-contrast microscope...
I can adapt it for bright or dark field phase contrast. I'm planning to buy the kit to do that.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back