Bi-Weekly Assignments?

For example, This weeks assignment is:

1. Letters in the wild: Finding letters of the alphabet that are there without intention, branches that cross, weird cloud patterns, or anything that looks like an English letter!

2. Bare backs: Light study into the twists and turns of barebacks, a common nude photographer's subject.

Now that way everyone has a choice, and in that two weeks they can shoot whichever they want, get some C&C, or if they so choose - shoot BOTH. There are plenty of subjects, I dont think we'll run out of them.

Why not this?

1. Must be new photos, nothing archived.

2. Post no more than three in either subject.

Simple enough. If people are down for this, ill post it up on the forum...

Why not this?

1. Must be new photos, nothing archived.

2. Post no more than three in either subject.

Simple enough. If people are down for this, ill post it up on the forum...

That sounds good. Maybe we could do new assignments on the 1st and 15th of the month?

It would be really nice to have a mod or something in charge of just the bi-weekly assignment forum. That way we could insure things got done.

So no Mod came in and stepped in, so now what?

So what do we want for the next assignment.

Should we start out with object or technical assignments?

I thought the first one could be "Transportation" or something like that. Then we could work our way through more technical assignments.

So no Mod came in and stepped in, so now what?
You act on your own and learn how to enjoy the forum on your own, weaning yourself from your apparent mod-dependence. How about that? :mrgreen:

Everyone, Jeff Canes is the member in charge of Bi-weekly assignments, but he is correct in saying anyone can toss something out there to get things moving again. It's an open forum and doesn't require a moderator to give the okay. Have fun with it! :)

meh - I liked the idea of two assignments, and the reason I didnt post mine was because I was TRYING to give everyone an option.

S'all good. I entered the convo late, didnt mean to take it over!

meh - I liked the idea of two assignments, and the reason I didnt post mine was because I was TRYING to give everyone an option.

S'all good. I entered the convo late, didnt mean to take it over!

We can still add a second assignment - your choice this week! :)

What would be cool is a technical and an object assignment the ultimate is complete both with the same image (make them hard to work together?)

So what do we want for the next assignment.
There is a suggestion box thread in there, go threw it and I am sure you can come up with somethings to keep it going.

http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22460

You act on your own and learn how to enjoy the forum on your own, weaning yourself from your apparent mod-dependence. How about that? :mrgreen:

Everyone, Jeff Canes is the member in charge of Bi-weekly assignments, but he is correct in saying anyone can toss something out there to get things moving again. It's an open forum and doesn't require a moderator to give the okay. Have fun with it! :)

Truth be told, given the fact that all threads not started by Jeff Canes or Nikon fan are few and far between and generally failures it did by all outward appearance seem that they where the only ones who could pull it off so to speak. It was for this reason I decided against attempting to start anything on my own and just threw the idea into the suggestion box in there.

I would not consiter myself a mod dependent person, so it comes as no suprise this conclution was reached by others.

I think this is a fantastic idea and at least for me will help me get past my creativity block and make me go out and look for stuff to photograph.

Just remember all you that posted here that they wanted it back YOU BETTER POST IN THE ASSIGNMENT THREADS! At least every couple of assignments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back