BIF - Still chasing this raptor

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have gotten a new routine in my afternoon drive home. This RTH and 2 others, I have to drive by each day. So I have been stopping and watching and trying to shoot him. Well Thursday was a good day. He was close to the road and was active, I got to take about 10-15 shots of him. I felt this one was the best. (Yes, I know I need a 400mm, 500mm or 600mm lens but it's not in the budget at this time.)

23765182624_1db19b89d5_c.jpg

Wow, the photo is so clean and nice.Good job! I can see the eyes of the eagle ( if it's an eagle, I'm bad at recognizing birds, sorry).So awsome!!!

Nice one! I am a fan of wildlife photos that show the environment as well as the critter, and their relationship with it.

Shooting wildlife is addicting.You been warned.Nice Capture.

I love this, Ron! I agree with @baturn, seeing the environment in this allows us to see the relationship between bird and environment. Totally digging this one! :smile:

Wow Ron! ALl you need is that new 60+ MP body and just crop it in a bit!

Great separation and perfect natural lighting!

Nominated for POTM.

Ron, nice shot. Why not go for the 600 first, because if you get a 400, then you will want a 500, then a 600 and so it goes :biggrin-93:. As DarkShadow says, shooting birds and wildlife is addicting. Once you have the 600, then it will be a 1.4x, etc, etc. OR...you can get a 100-400 and a 1.4x multiplier to give a 560mm max...OR the new Sigma 150-600 Sport - its a great lens (I have one) and the detail and sharpness is just great, even at 600, only drawback - it's a bit heavy to handhold (for me), unless you are used to lifting weights in the gym.

WesternGuy

Wow, the photo is so clean and nice.Good job! I can see the eyes of the eagle ( if it's an eagle, I'm bad at recognizing birds, sorry).So awsome!!!

Thank you.

Nice one! I am a fan of wildlife photos that show the environment as well as the critter, and their relationship with it.

Thank you.

Shooting wildlife is addicting.You been warned.Nice Capture.

Thanks, I'm aware of the addiction.

I love this, Ron! I agree with @baturn, seeing the environment in this allows us to see the relationship between bird and environment. Totally digging this one! :smile:

Thank you.

Wow Ron! ALl you need is that new 60+ MP body and just crop it in a bit!

Great separation and perfect natural lighting!

I can't crop much more without loosing detail. (I just need to get a bigger lens.

Nominated for POTM.

Thanks Wade.

Ron, nice shot. Why not go for the 600 first, because if you get a 400, then you will want a 500, then a 600 and so it goes :biggrin-93:. As DarkShadow says, shooting birds and wildlife is addicting. Once you have the 600, then it will be a 1.4x, etc, etc. OR...you can get a 100-400 and a 1.4x multiplier to give a 560mm max...OR the new Sigma 150-600 Sport - its a great lens (I have one) and the detail and sharpness is just great, even at 600, only drawback - it's a bit heavy to handhold (for me), unless you are used to lifting weights in the gym.

WesternGuy

Thanks WesternGuy. I am actually looking at the 300mm f/2.8 because I also shoot sports, so this or the 400mm f/2.8 would be a dual purpose lens for me.

Ron, what great photography. such nice clarity and composition. The vivid colors stand out. Ed

Most reactions

New Topics

Back