Big backdrop help.

bekaphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a photo shoot coming up with a subject that in full costume is close to 8 feet tall. What size of background would you recomend for a full lenth picture, not including the floor. Thanks.

This will be indoors and I will be special ordering a backdrop for it. The bigger the backdrop get the more expensive. So I am trying to do my homework before ordering.

Never shot an 8 foot tall subject like that but I would think that you would want the backdrop at least 2 feet taller than the subject. As for floor length, go get a 2X4 8 feet tall. Stand it on end where you plan on positioning the subject and see how much room you are going to need to work. Then figure out how long you need the backdrop to extend out on the floor. This will also give you an idea of exactly how tall the back drop will need to be.

Hopefully there is someone in the group that has done a costume shoot with an individual that tall and can provide more information. Good luck.

I bought a 12x15 foot canvas dropcloth from Home Depot for $30, plus a gallon of latex primer. It's a tad heavy, but likewise heavy duty and very easy to clean. Works perfectly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back