Big Camera Problem. Help!

Just a guess but maybe a stuck or sticky shutter.

With no film in it, open the back and fire the shutter...see if it opens all the way. Try different speeds. That's all I can think of.

Shutters are pretty delicate, it would probably need to be fixed or replaced by a camera repair shop.

I think you got taken.... its likely that the previous owner knew about this.... argh! I feel for you. It does look like a malfunctioning shutter...

Blargh, that sucks. It's a refurbished camera from Minolta, and I think it has a 3 month warranty on it, so I'll have to look into that.
Thanks for the feedback.

Hey i kinda like the effect lol :D Nah... i feel for you.. i only buy small things of ebay.... filters... lens hoods... memory cards.... i dont know if i could bring myself to buy a actuall camera off there... unless it was from a business run through ebay :) Good luck with getting it sorted out!

What does the negative look like? My first thought was that it was feeding funny, but I guess you wouldn't be getting a whole roll's worth of images. It probably would have just jammed.

PlasticSpanner's right. It's a sticky mirror. The shutter seems to work but the mirror does not flip up just before the shutter opens, leaving it in the middle of the picture, hence the image you have posted.

That's easy to fix, a good local camera shop (and most important honest one) will be able to lube it for you.

Thats funky. i'd bring into a camera shop and see what they say.

Cool, thanks for the feedback guys. The whole set looks identical to that.
I'm deffinetly going to follow up on all this, and I'm hoping the seller will take the proper steps to help me out.
Nothing can describe the feeling I had when I went to pick up my pictures and they said 'We think there's something wrong with your camera.'

It could just need a new battery - if it requires a battery.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back