big lens vs. puppy; which works better?

Youngun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So anyway a friend (also a pro photog) sold me an F100 and has been extremely generous in loaning me some equip to play with. I was taking some dolphin pics with the 80-400mm VR (a lens that costs more than my life) on a monopod and this family comes up and asks if I'm pro yadda yadda (c'mon, you know you love it when people do that). So the daughters in this family were uh, photogenic to say the least.
Has anyone tried this approach to "socializing"? What are some good techniques? Come on, I wanna hear the rejection stories... :lol:

(I'm 17; meaning it's normal for me to ask jibberish questions like this...right? 8) )

i tell em i shoot for playboy and im doing a model search, works everytime.

md

oriecat said:
I vote for the puppy. Don't even think about pointing a cam at me, I might hurt you. But a puppy will get me anytime...
You wouldn't know if I was pointing a camera at you :twisted:
Muwahahaha muwahahahaha MUWAHAHAHAHAHA

Hmmm....I've found it a good way to pick up men because they seem a bit more interested in the equiptment than the women do. I'll have to ask my husband if he's had any luck when he's out :wink: Overall I'd say a puppy would do the trick...get a little golden retreiver, she'll be your friend for life :lol:

MDowdey said:
i tell em i shoot for playboy and im doing a model search, works everytime.

Honesty is always the best policy! :lol:

Bosscat said:
Use the big lens...........cause almost ever woman will tell you......"SIZE MATTERS"

no its not the size of your lens, its how fast the glass is...duh :lol:

md

Most reactions

New Topics

Back