Big Sur, CA

reignmkr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went for a nice drive yesterday and took this. CC welcomed!

p948212425-5.jpg

Ooooo, makes me want to go gliding... Around there are many areas for it.

Awesome tones in the ocean... Nice image!

ahhhh....nice. I love the color variations in the surf.

I really really wish I would have made it to Big Sur!!! I lived in Sacramento for 2 years, and we went down the coast to Monterey but it just didn't work out with time to go down that far to Big Sur. Definitely if we go back to visit though!

This photos so lives through the many different colours of the water! Amazing, I can't tell I have ever seen anything like it!

When it first loaded and I could only see the top I still thought by myself, oh hell, so misty and colourless. But I was taught to be all wrong about the "colourless" when the bottom had loaded! :D

Thanks guys. I thought I did something right when I captured this. I definitely wanted to add the low clouds and but also capture the colors within the water.

Thanks again for the reassurance.

This is such a beautiful view! I hope you don't mind my edit. Just thought it could use a punch of brightness and color. I used Kubota Actions to do my edits. Hope you like!

Midbright (V2)
Hawaiian Punch (V3)
Punch Lite (V3)
Smokeless Burn (V2) painted in darkness where the fog hits the water to bring back some detail.

BigSur.jpg

Eryn
Kubota Image Tools Team

I like how you pulled some color out of the water, but now the surf is blown out, as well as the sky - with the edit it just looks like a blown-out sky whereas in the original you can tell it is enshrouded in fog.

I think the original could stand for a slight bump in levels, but the edit is a bit much...I've been right around that area and it doesn't look that way.

I hope I didn't offend the photographer in any way. I don't actually know the area this was taken in, so was not trying to replicate what it may really look like there. I'm just into playing around with really colorful images and loved how they came out in the water here.

Eryn
Kubota Image Tools Team

This is such a beautiful view! I hope you don't mind my edit. Just thought it could use a punch of brightness and color. I used Kubota Actions to do my edits. Hope you like!

Midbright (V2)
Hawaiian Punch (V3)
Punch Lite (V3)
Smokeless Burn (V2) painted in darkness where the fog hits the water to bring back some detail.

BigSur.jpg

Eryn
Kubota Image Tools Team

IMHO this was a bit too much. I didn't do any PP just because I also wanted to capture the gloomy mood of the day. It was a bit melancholy and reminded me of just melancholy days. While the colors and contrast are bumped up, I think it takes away from a semi-dark cloudy day.

cool, you got a picture during our nice weather!! haha.

Man, I haven't been down Hwy 1 in ages, what kind of car?

Took the family down. We ate a Rocky Point. Took me back to my senior prom! hahahaha.

It was a bit melancholy and reminded me of just melancholy days.

When I saw this picture, it reminded me so much of the time we went down the coast through Monterey...the melancholy feel you describe. I was only through there once but it left that feeling with me forever...I love it there!

Beautiful capture. Been by there a few times, but never stopped. Incredible coastline.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back