Bike tire..

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yes, that's right..I took a picture of a bike tire. I want to learn to take creative pictures using ordinary, everyday objects. This is my first attempt. I took a bunch of pics at different angles and this one stood out to me. I'm sure some of you have some very creative ways of shooting a bike tire. Care to share them???

6662992271_777d5d4566_z.jpg

Why is the DoF shallow? Why not have the entire scene in focus?

Why have the valve stem in the shot?

I do like the composition. I have issues with the B&W conversion (insufficient mid-tone contrast).

Why is the DoF shallow? Why not have the entire scene in focus?

Why have the valve stem in the shot?

I do like the composition. I have issues with the B&W conversion (insufficient mid-tone contrast).

I didn't think the dirty garage floor would add anything to the picture, so I used a shallow depth of field. Thanks for the feedback!! :)

So what about the valve stem? Your oil spots on the floor logic should apply to it too, which is why I mentioned it in the first place.

I like the shallow DoF in this. There is enough detail in focus to hold the eye, that I feel any more detail would become confusing distractions.

But, you know, that's me.

depth of field is cool but a few things i dont like
shrader valve
logo on forks
shadow

other than that interesting idea

i personally would have used a bmx wheel.... they have much more interesting hubs and colors...

So what about the valve stem? Your oil spots on the floor logic should apply to it too, which is why I mentioned it in the first place.

Honestly, I didn't think about it. I was taking a picture of the tire and it's part of the tire..It's one of those details that I need to learn to think about when taking pictures.

I was expecting to see a tire after reading the title of the post and it's mainly the hub and spokes :)
Interesting angle though.

Looks like a bike wheel to me. Not a tire.

I like it. I just may have cropped out the symbol on the top.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back