What's new

Bike Tires

I think this would be a LOT stronger without the "clutter" in the background behind the fendered wheel, but regardless, a nice shot.
 
I think this would be a LOT stronger without the "clutter" in the background behind the fendered wheel, but regardless, a nice shot.
I know I tried so desperately hard to find an angle that would get rid off the clutter but I just couldnt. These bike racks are right outside my apartment though so Im gonna keep my eye on it and maybe when there are less bikes ill reshoot it so I can get a clear background
 
Move up even closer, make it even more abstract. Don't stay with what the eyes see, too. When I only read the title, I was expecting something QUITE abstract.
The conversion looks good! I like how you treated your photo to black and white.
 
If you have a longer lens, it would be fun to play with the repetition of the tires. Using a longer focal length would provide some compression and make for a more unique image. It would also help minimize the background.
 
Move up even closer, make it even more abstract. Don't stay with what the eyes see, too. When I only read the title, I was expecting something QUITE abstract.

^^^^^+1

You are showing us just what anyone would see and it has no impact.
The tires are all round and they are what we expect to see.
The DOF is so great it creates visual clutter.

What drew your eye, show us that.
 
And the odd one at the other end .... that could have turned this way :D
 
Move up even closer, make it even more abstract. Don't stay with what the eyes see, too. When I only read the title, I was expecting something QUITE abstract.
The conversion looks good! I like how you treated your photo to black and white.
Thanks! and oops didnt mean to have a missleading title haha. I will try to do all of that next time.

Would like to see a tighter crop
has possibilities
Will do

If you have a longer lens, it would be fun to play with the repetition of the tires. Using a longer focal length would provide some compression and make for a more unique image. It would also help minimize the background.
Unfortunatly I dont have any other lens. I just started to save so I could get a longer lens so as of now this is all I got. But I do understand what you are saying.

Move up even closer, make it even more abstract. Don't stay with what the eyes see, too. When I only read the title, I was expecting something QUITE abstract.

^^^^^+1

You are showing us just what anyone would see and it has no impact.
The tires are all round and they are what we expect to see.
The DOF is so great it creates visual clutter.

What drew your eye, show us that.
Alright so Im fairly new to photography and still learning an I kinda understand DOF but I dont exactly know how to manipulate it



And the odd one at the other end .... that could have turned this way :D
wait what? lol

Here is one with a tighter crop
 

Attachments

  • $bike tire edit 2.webp
    $bike tire edit 2.webp
    552.9 KB · Views: 94
I would use a shallower dof here. (Smaller f stop)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom