Bike

crystalview

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
An old thought i revived from the dead. Gimme some action, comment.

14963796-M.jpg

This is yet another b+w photo that I like very much. It it timeless, absolutely timeless. Coming from "sillyphaunt's" thread with her granddad's photos taken in 1953, this one could be from that time, or could have been taken yesterday.

I'm in two minds about the word NORTHBOUND.
At first I immediately thought: Oh, I wish the whole word was there.
Then I thought: the cut off word gives me room to think what it's ending might be, and I can't go wrong in my answer.
Now I think that I'd like to see two versions, one with an angle broad enough to put in the whole word, and this - just for me to decide... (I could decide with the help of my imagination, but, you know...?)

LaFoto, I totally agree with you. I decided that I liked the "Northbound" word cut-off for a couple reasons: first, like you said, to leave some to the imagination. I know, its only a word, and you can't look TOO deep into what 3/4's of a word might be, but its the concept I like. Next, The subject really was the bicycle. The words were just a compliment to the scene.

As a little background, this is an antique shop I see when I go up "northbound" :) to my cabin in Minnesota. The bike was ontop of the roof of the shop building.

Thansk for you your comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back