Billiards *c&c please*

nmaynard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My good friend got a new pool table and I hadn't taken any photos all week so I got to work. Had him dress up in something I thought would be fitting for some "old" black and white photos. There are a few colors thrown in.

Shot with a XTi/kit 18-55 and 70-300 lenses/430exII on camera bounced off ceiling or wall.

Any and all comments/criticism welcomed.

IMG_6646_wmk.jpg

IMG_6649_wmk.jpg

IMG_6652_wmk.jpg

IMG_6657_wmk.jpg

IMG_6683_clr_wmk.jpg

IMG_6685_wmk.jpg

IMG_6689_clr_wmk.jpg

IMG_6700_wmk.jpg

IMG_6707_wmk.jpg

IMG_6714_wmk.jpg

Alot of images for CC, so going to keep it short.

Great choice in clothes, you were right, it adds a nice extra element in the image.

1- I dont like his lean towards the table here, makes it look like hes off balance and then gives an overall off balance look to the image. I find the stick at the bottom kind of cuts the frame in an odd way. I also think there is a tad too much dead space on top of his head and to his sides. Maybe moving in a bit closer might help? I like the pose of his hands on the balls in the rack, did you get any really close in with just that?

2- Too much going on in terms of lines and shapes. Again, I find the stick cuts the frame too much, and it is seperating the image between blurry ball and focus balls. The angle is slightly too high.

3- You are missing a bottle of Jack or something to add to the emotion in here. :)

4- Nice concept and composition.

5- My fave of the set. I actually like that you dont see his eyes. Maybe a bit too dark around his waist and his elbow is a bit cut leaving the image a bit off balance.

6- Dont like. You see too much of the room, he is a bit soft and the blurry ball in the front is really in your face and aggressive in the frame.

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. And I agree with you on #5. It is my favorite too and when I loaded them onto my pc I kicked myself when I seen his elbow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back