Birds and Wildlife Identification

Correct Adult Non breeding (Winter) Plumage they show up around here each fall but they are still raritys.

The hints really narrowed it down quick. Since you said it wasn't a common loon, I started with loons. Then, with your hint about the plumage, I knew it wasn't going to be the first picture that came up with each bird.

Post another! :) unless, of course, that's the only bird photo you have ...

BTW, this birding has an addictive quality to it. I can see how people go nuts over it.

Ahh that's easy we get them in the UK too - its a LBJ (Little Brown Job). Which is to say any small brown bird :p

Sadly I've not got USA reference books to start hunting for that one; but that's a sore challenge indeed considering you've got the wings obscured - good luck whoever guesses that one (also should we think about making a separate "guess the bird" thread for all this )

Immature Magnolia Warbler?

Eastern Phoebe?

I can see a "guess the bird" thread would stand on it's own.
I also don't see it as being disruptive of this thread, and would likely serve the same purpose.
So, I don't have a preference whether it is in a separate thread. Whatever you guys think is better forum organization.

So, the Phoebe is closer, but not it... hmmmmmmm

ok i guess i could keep it in here as it may help with the id'ing of birds?

It's not a female Redstart, is it?

I'm going to go with dusky flycatcher. Is there something about that bird that easily gives it away as a flycatcher?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back