Birds and Wildlife Identification

Red Tailed Hawk- I'm desperate to find some different kinds of hawks.
id-1-6.jpg

Eurasian Collard Dove
id-1-7.jpg

Red Shafted Flicker perched
id-1-8.jpg

Red Tailed Hawk- I'm desperate to find some different kinds of hawks.
View attachment 153024

Eurasian Collard Dove
View attachment 153026

Red Shafted Flicker perched
View attachment 153027

The second one is a Mourning Dove. Eurasion Collard doves are a bigger and actually have a collar on the neck.

Are you sure the first is a Red-tail? I'm not saying its not but something seems off. I'm sure @ZombiesniperJr will confirm.

And just FYI, in the west the Flicker's are red-shafted and the East they are yellow-shafted. Male yellows have black moustache and red-shafted have red.

Thanks guys!

@ZombiesniperJr Do the black eyes help ID the Prairie Falcon?

Thanks guys!

@ZombiesniperJr Do the black eyes help ID the Prairie Falcon?
yes and no adult red tailed hawks will have a dark eye but you will see red on its tail but juveniles have yellow eyes. note the bright white eyebrow and facial markings on that falcon most red tailed hawks won't have it.

Are these both red tailed hawks? Thank you

id-1-9.jpg

id-1-10.jpg

Just a bird in my backyard ... standing on the back deck and this one landed in the tree.

bird
by Dennis, on Flickr

Last edited:
Based on my app I might identify that as a rough legged hawk.

I know what that one is but i will leave it to you to get you a little more practice. hint rough legged hawk is wrong.

Well after screwing up with my last post I'll give it another shot. Because of the short tail and being reddish I will go with the Red-tail.

Adult light morph red tailed hawk?

I'm just going to say everything is a red tailed hawk until Logan tells me differently.

lol red-tailed is correct on that bird although i don't think it is a light morph.

Red-Tailed Hawk

id-1-11.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back