Birds Rejecting Training

Fantastic shots! Very sharp results. I like 'em all

You are now a master trainer :hail:

Within maybe 1min of sitting down today a Bird Jay stopped by. I heard it yelling when I came outside and moved the feeders and he came right over once I got under my blind. But I didnt have any time to react and just happened to catch him in the frame at 75mm. Luckily I actually positioned myself a bit closer so it's really not that much of a crop, but would have loved to have gotten him closer to 200mm. I got three frames of him, this was the first, then one of him in flight leaving, and the third empty :)

Blue Jay by The Braineack, on Flickr

Morning Blue Jay Bump.

Awesome shots........ beautiful.. branches are not!

I completely disagree with the idea that the bird feed 'ruins' the shot or that the birds have to be on branches. No offense to all your birders - your pictures are good, sharp, bright, yadda yadda - but I've lost track of how many pictures I've seen of birds on branches and so interest in the same view wanes. I like seeing the bird on the table, more focused on the food than on posing for the camera. Dare I say there's even a story in those pictures? "Yeah, yeah, there are branches there, I see them. Can't talk, eating." That makes me smile. The second set - they're great pictures and I'm not trying to say they're not. But it's that Tufted Titmouse shot in the first set that I keep going back to and that's the one I'll still remember if someone were to ask me in a month or so.

I also think disguising my lens hood helped a bit. Whenever a bird lands they really notice it and are bothered by it, today didn't seem to be the case. It's about the only thing that's really visible to them.

DSC_2828-1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back