Bison captured with new Nikon FM

Peeb

Semi-automatic Mediocrity Generator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got a great deal on a Nikon FM, so I decided to load up some Portra 160 and head out to the Tallgrass Prairie Park, owned by the Nature Conservancy. Here are several shots:

img521-1200.jpg

img536-1200.jpg

img537_DxO-1200.jpg

img522-1200.jpg

img533-1200.jpg

img542-1200.jpg

I had a very fine morning, and I was very pleased with the new camera. Was shooting it primarily with my old 80-200 f/4 nikkor zoom lens. Never had to get out of the truck -the bison were very accommodating! Camera seems to be in very good order. The light seals are good, and the meter works just fine. Not too much dust inside either. Very happy.

I'll go with #3. I like the back lighting. And it just kinda looks like how I would expect a herd of bison to look on the prairie.

A very nice set of shots. Very classic looking. I like #5, even with the hair of its chinny-chin-chin clipped a bit.

gorgeous set. I like 2 then 3 best. The dust is an occasional distraction worth cleaning up.

Gorgeous renders. Wonderful colors, tone, and sharpness. You really found a tool that compliments your skill and vision. #5 is my favorite. I'd send that negative off to be drum scanned and print it big.

Oh, btw, here is the camera (I take a selfie on every roll so I can remember which camera I used when I process the film!). I have my 50mm 1.8 D-series lens on for this shot.
img515_DxO-1200.jpg

A very nice set of shots. Very classic looking. I like #5, even with the hair of its chinny-chin-chin clipped a bit.
Thanks! Brought this one back into photoshop, used the crop tool to add space to the bottom border, then went to work with the clone tool and repair stamp to reconstruct some space down below the chin. Came up with this...

Bison Portrait.
by Peeb OK, on Flickr

Got a great deal on a Nikon FM, so I decided to load up some Portra 160 and head out to the Tallgrass Prairie Park, owned by the Nature Conservancy. Here are several shots:

View attachment 246199

View attachment 246200

View attachment 246201

View attachment 246202

View attachment 246203

View attachment 246204

I had a very fine morning, and I was very pleased with the new camera. Was shooting it primarily with my old 80-200 f/4 nikkor zoom lens. Never had to get out of the truck -the bison were very accommodating! Camera seems to be in very good order. The light seals are good, and the meter works just fine. Not too much dust inside either. Very happy.
I carried an FM all over the world, all conditions, never failed!! It helped to get you some great images---good shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back