What's new

Bit of a Warhol Tribute

deeky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 22, 2012
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
415
Location
Sioux Falls, SD
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was editing this image the other day (blue is the original), but it just wasn't quite grabbing me like I hoped. So I used the image to learn a few new things with my software and was playing with color replacement.

In the meantime, this last week I was at a relatively local art museum that includes a Warhol of Marilyn Monroe (I believe it was Marilyn #9). As I watched the colors in my shot change, things kind of got tied back to the Warhol I had seen.

Sooooo, here's what I came up with.

Thoughts? Comments always welcome.

1.

IMG_2399E1 by breckmiller, on Flickr

And just a slightly different finish:
2.

IMG_2399F1 by breckmiller, on Flickr
 
Looks like you've totally,totally got a handle on it!
 
Not sure why, but the second edit really looks great to me. Something about the general smoothness contrasting with the scratch-marks.
 
Yeah I love the second one.

This is a really simple, but pleasing to the eye photo.

Great work. Keep it up!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom