black and white HDR flowers for C and C

hayleyfraser24

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
hayleyfraserphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone, Id love some C and C on these shots, I know flowers should be colourful but I thought these looked interesting in black and white. My favourite is number 1. I think I could to better with the rose though if I got a bigger and more flawless rose. These were just the plants that I had lying around but im thinking of doing a black and white flower "collection"... just for me, not for sale or anything... do you guys like them?

1. lily
DSC04265_6_7_tonemapped.jpg

2.rose front
DSC04410_1_2_tonemapped.jpg

3.rose back
DSC04422_3_4_tonemapped.jpg

WOW. very nice but the second 2 are defiantly my favorite the first one just isn't as intresting

Nicely executed; I would try and get sufficient DoF to get all of the bloom in #1 in sharp focus though. My concerns with 2 & 3 are that the stem of the rose forms a line which leads the eye right out of the image. The treatment of the bloom is very good, but the composition needs some work.

I'm one of those that likes color with flowers unless I'm trying to create a dark and moody situation, which is what these photos say to me. I like 2 and 3 but I think the first one would have looked much better in landscape like you did with the others but I'm sure that's just a personal preference. Can't wait to see more!

I like the second two, however on the first one, the focus goes the the OOF part of the photo first, then the foreground. At least that is how I see it. Nice still life.

WOW. very nice but the second 2 are defiantly my favorite the first one just isn't as intresting

Thanks, its good to get different opinions, I was not expecting the rose ones to be liked!:)

The rose photos are my favorites, as well. I think the first one loses something by being in black and white. Or maybe the image isn't as sharp as the rose pictures. I think I'd like the first one more if more of the flower were in focus, but that's a subjective thing.

Very cool pics!

Most reactions

Back