What's new

Black and white of my son and dog

EnterUserName

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 15, 2006
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
boyndog2ix4.jpg

boyndoged6.jpg



Which one is better?

I think I will get this printed out for my desk at work
 
I find the first one better because he isn't facing away and the lighting seems nicer :mrgreen:
 
I'm up with the first one because I love the facial expressions on your son and his dog. I was wondering if a crop to lose some of the top area would bring it out more? Just a thought. The second one is too centered for my taste and because I cant see the boys face I fail to get as involved with the image :)
 
The first... your son's "there" for the photo. And the lighting is nice.
I am not sure about the amount of headroom you gave him ... it is not needed for the composition of this first photo here, less even since he does not look into that space but out of the frame, anyway. So a crop might even help the pic.

(Makes me wonder whether our mysterious Scribe would deem this one a real and true portrait? ;) I would - this sentence spoken in brackets refers to an ongoing discussion on what constitutes a portrait in the Photographic Discussions forum).
 
#1 has my vote. A little too much above his head. But I like his pose & expression (dog too). Thanks for sharing!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom